Something new and really neat

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Saw this
2wp3uzc.jpg
at Sam's yesterday. $499. All stainless burns wood looks very well made too
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/pizza-oven-black/prod21390049.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1

Pizza and BBQing. What's not to like???

But, $500 for a dedicated pizza cooker is not an item that would make my shopping list.

I haven't seen a propane fired toaster yet?

Larry, I am pretty sure I would love it as well. But I gotta let the wife cook something around here. I am afraid she is starting to feel expendable.

Larry, I am pretty sure I would love it as well. But I gotta let the wife cook something around here. I am afraid she is starting to feel expendable.

If I brought that thing home, my wife would tell me to eat - and sleep - outside with it:eek:!

Jon

A pillow and a blanket is all you need, but it might get a little cramped inside one of those things.

Well last night I showed the photo to the wife and she didn't make any expletives or threats..............she did ask...............couldn't you build one? Plus said she thought it might be kinda neat. Not approval but she didn't shut the idea down either!

I've thought about going the Kettle Pizza route. If you bought everything that goes with it, you'd be spending over 400 bucks. But, also you'd be saving money on pizzas.

Well last night I showed the photo to the wife and she didn't make any expletives or threats..............she did ask...............couldn't you build one? Plus said she thought it might be kinda neat. Not approval but she didn't shut the idea down either!
It would not be hard to build a brick Pizza oven, and could easily be done for less than the asking price on the unit you're looking at. Not putting down the unit, just saying you could build one for less. I've put off building a brick oven only because I plan to move in the next year or two, and my kettle-pizza attachment on my 18" WSM fills the bill for cooking pizza. For sure I'll build my own oven in my next (probably last) home

I really am thinking I'd like to build one that perhaps could double as a backyard fireplace. would not want to build it on the new wood deck though. It would have to be in the yard type thing

LOL. Yah, you got to give them credit since the did all the work themselves. Instead of paying some guy $3000 to do it.

Back