22” WSM with Pellet Pro & CB Stacker (and other CB Goodies)

Duff SE Mich

Bought a used 22 WSM and attached a 12” Pellet Pro Hopper onto it. Not too many lessons learned about doing this, but through several brainstorming sessions, I figured it out.

Smoking pork baby back and beef short ribs today in 40F temperatures. Set the controller to 275F and we’ll see how this does.

Hints: Don’t use the Weber rotisserie stacker (too short), flip the WSM’s center section to securely fasten onto the top lip of the CB stacker. Flip the inside wire grill support bracket inside the WSM Section. CB Door now is upside down (but no smoke leakage). Use a 1” square bar to have extended legs supporting the PP Hopper.

Last edited:
Before: 3 racks of baby back pork & two racks of beef short ribs

After: not bad, baby back had adequate amount of smoke flavor (sat on the bottom most rack for three hours @ 275F; beef ribs had very little smoke ring on the top portion (?should have smoked them meat side down?).

Scenario: 275F (some fluctuations between 265-300F, but that could have been the cold blustery day we had here) for 7 hrs; not bad though!!

Last edited:
Not sure why I didn't think to mount my stacker at the bottom. I had a decent order to fill for some friends around Christmas (12 racks) and (2 pork butts); one wsm had the ribs and another had the with the butts. The wsm with the stacker never was able to get above 217. Maybe it was probe placement, or maybe I needed another guru fan or probe placement issues, but it was def a let down. Luckily the butts finished in time for me to split the ribs up.

I may give it another or I may sell it if it doesn't workout for me.

Good looking ribs btw

Back