Screws for Genesis 1000 manifold.

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I decided to take apart and clean my manifold valves per the LMichaels instructions and stripped one of the screw faces of the tiny screws that go in them. I managed to get it out but I don't really wanna put it back in and I'm thinking I might just replace them all. There are 2 on each valve. I'm thinking it's a #3 or #4 and it's a finer thread size than anything that home depot or lowe's has. Anyone know what they are?

Edit. My guess is #4-48 1/2 inch long. I've got some calipers up at work.

Last edited:
I don't know the size of those screws, but if you cant find replacements at a HomeDepot, menards, lowes, try a small hardware store like ACE Hardware. They tend to stock of lot of those hard to find parts, nuts, screws, bolts, pins, clips, etc....

I would probably just take the little fella down to the store and see if you can match it.

You may also want to try try a hobby shop that specializes in R/C cars and R/C aircraft, they use a lot of those small screws.

I think I'll check it out with calipers tomorrow. It looks like 56 threads per inch. With #4-56 not really being common, I'm now leaning #3-56. The difference is something like 1/100 of an inch. This is all, of course, assuming it's standard.

The manifolds on both of my vintage webers stick a bit so I had it on my radar to lubricate them as per LMichaels instructions. Now I'm kind of afraid to? Has anyone else suffered a stripped screw in doing this?

To the original poster - did you try contacting weber? They've been helpful to me in the recent past.

I think I messed up by using a #1 phillips driver. It looks like one but it really seems to be a #2 head. Mine were pretty rusty. You might hit them with some pb blaster. Its worth doing. Mine were seriously gunked up.

So it's for sure a #4-48 half inch if anyone was wondering. We actual had some that fit that came off an old typewriter. Otherwise, I'd have to order one. The head of the screw needs to be narrow enough to fit in the slot.

Thanks for the update. I will try to remember that for future reference, should I ever need to replace one.

Back