Weber kettle with table

MacBeaty

IMAG0209_zpsttsnphqb.jpg

My kettle with custom table, lid hinge, claycort cast iron grill, slow n sear, and front mounted lid handle.
lSNau9X

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, that’s a really good looking setup. I would be interested in any pictures showing how you mounted it.

The kettle just sits in the table opening supported by the two rear knobs ( which were a part of the lid holder) and the front handle. It is very stable and doesn't require further mounting brackets, and is level. I bought the table from Home Depot. It comes in a precut kit and is very easy to assemble.

I used corner brackets which tucked right into the lip on the 18” when I did the table in my avatar. Very stable, I just had to cut a small notch to accept the hinge and it’s solid as I could ever want. Simple solutions are still my favorites.

Beautiful set-up! That looks really nice and also very practical. My gears start turning and thinking about what it would be like to have a double (like your avatar) - or even a triple - version:cool:!

I hope you get lots of great use, especially with the extras you have. I picked up a slow-n-sear as part of a used kettle purchase. I can see that it can be a big help but I need to practice some more.

Jon,
I had a buddy over on Saturday, we got talking about other grills and set up designs. I would love to fall into a great deal on a 26 and do a Tri level using the small grills that have been languishing in their boxes in the garage. The problem is, then I will need to build a better outdoor kitchen! This double set up has been great!

Damn that looks great. I may pick one up for my 22 and figure out a good mounting solution.

Last edited:
Wow that is really beautiful! I would love to have that in my backyard. Nice work!
Do you have to do any reinforcement on to table top boards that you cut?

Stanley corner brackets, cheap, strong and readily available!

I had actually been thinking of just using the handles and maybe using a dremel to make a slot for them to sit in so the whole thing is secure.

Anyone know what the best stain option is for this type of application?

My cabinet maker buddy likes wipe on stains. Those are for inside projects though (well, his are) the cypress table we did for my set up is just tung oil and the beauty of the wood.
The next project for me will be a cabinet for my really big cooler. since that will not be cypress, as much as I’d like it, I can’t tap him for more stock, I will find some other material and probably again use tung oil or four or five coats of polyurethane since it won’t have the heat to deal with. We shall see where the project goes.

Shaun, I’m left handed yes, why do you ask?
I am in process of designing a cover for the “two holer” in my avatar, it will a bit of a “Boom crutch” but, if I get the design right, I should still have access to the big kettle pretty easily in “inclement” weather.
Rather like today! An inch of snow overnight and it’s still spitting the stuff!

D@mn, that's a nice setup ! ! ! Just curious, the ash pan seems a little close to shelf. Any issues getting it on and off?

BD

Back