Clint's Bread and some Grilled Chicken

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Clint sent me a recipe for a Multigrain Sandwich Bread that sounded delicious. In addition to the usual bread stuff it contained a 7 Grain Hot Cereal Mix, rolled oats and raw pumpkin seeds. I knew I had to give it a try. Spent most of the day on the bread and managed to squeeze in some grilled chicken quarters. It was a busy day.

Here's the three bread items mentioned above. The 7 Grain Hot Cereal and the Rolled Oats were from Bob's Red Mill.

enhance

enhance

enhance

This bread was fantastic, probably on of the best sandwich bread's I've ever had. The dough also had honey in it and gave it a wonderful sweetlness. Thanks Clint. It's a winner.

On to dinner. Marinated the chicken quarters for around 3 hours.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Sorry, you artichoke haters :)

enhance

Plated 'er up.

enhance

enhance

This was a very fun day indeed. Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. Thanks for looking.

Nice cooks! Interesting seeing the bread in the clear glass pans, mine are the standard metal - glad you made it and that it got your stamp of approval :)

The bread's one of my favorites, I can pm the recipe to others, it's from ATK, or Cliff can send it to you too.

It's the Multi-Grain bread from The Cook's Illustrated Baking Book (Kindle Locations 4595-4599). America's Test Kitchen. Kindle Edition.

I highly recommend this cookbook :) I've become quite the atk fanboy over the last 2-3 years, I know.

I've played around with it a little, mostly increasing the amount of WW flour and changing the seeds. Darn good as written tho.

Looks great Cliff. I'd weigh a thousand pounds if i ate like that all the time. AND loving every minute of it :D .

Looks like ---> THIS <--- is the recipe for the bread.

Last edited:
I envy you guys making homemade bread, looks wonderful. Great chicken dinner Cliff

Outstanding Cliff, that bread looks fabulous, same with the chicken diner, you sure had a busy day.
Clint turned me on to ATk and I have a couple of their books, their Cook it in Cast Iron has some really outstanding recipes along with their The Complete Americas Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook with over 1200 recipes from all their TV shows from 2001-2018. It even has the multigrain bread recipe.
With your endorsement I will be making that bread this week.

Cliff, you nailed that one top to bottom. Everything looks so delicious, I'll take a plate of food and one of those loaves of bread.

Great cook! Love the chicken & sides. We're fools for artichokes. The bread looks super, too.

Back