New Homemade Chimney

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
We had one of Pammi's coworkers and her parents over last year for burgers. Her dad and I really hit it off!
He mentioned that he had made a charcoal lighter years before at work, but never used it. Would I like it? Sure!
It took him several months to find it, but he dropped it off the other day.
39550221635_6c4b5c5156_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]

What a beast! All SS and HEAVY! haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I've got burgers in the freezer. Lunch anyone?

And I'm either going to have to fabricate a handle or use my welding gloves!
More pics later.

Phil, I'm on my way, what time is lunch? That chimney looks like it will last a lifetime, a great score for sure!
Tim

That chimney is definitely the work of a pro. It takes some serious equipment to roll those two beads and work with stainless steel.

Ok, fired this sucker up for burgers at lunch time. Blue Miller Lite SJ on duty using about 1/3 of a sample bag of Weber briqs and a lighter cube under to get it going.
26607602408_62e3258ccb_k.jpg
39768130574_a1c4ea22a7_k.jpg
It fits the SJ about the same as the Weber chimney. And It was a cute little flame!
39582969305_0ed16e0351_k.jpg
After about 10 minutes.
40436010612_83686e566a_k.jpg
Then 20 minutes in and ready to go! The handle was just a little warm, so my welders gloves got the call. I imagine it's gonna be hotter than blazes the first time I fill it up!

38669048040_52b28eb0b3_k.jpg
Home ground burgers with a local blue cheese pimento cheese. Oh. So. Good!
25608567387_a92eac474c_k.jpg
And a plated pic! Pammi had the smaller one with mayo and mine had mustard. Nothing else was needed!
Thanks for looking everyone!

Very Nice Phil!
Looks to last more than one lifetime... AWESOME!

a coworker in our fabricating department also made one...
He wanted to leave it permanently at a camp site on his property in northern Wisconsin.
He made it out of high quality German stainless steel.
It weighs about 10 pounds, told me it sits on the ground all the time anchored to prevent it from blowing away.

Asked him to make one for me.... he just smiled and said, "ok".
that was about 6 years ago.

Back