Old Deep Dark Vintage --- Honey

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Diamond Member
This stuff is so funky-at first my impression was yuck, is this stuff safe...now it fascinates me.

I'm looking at a quart jar before me.
Honeycomb is exposed at the top.
A semi-transparent dark rich honey layer is below and
below that a lighter shade of dense dark flavor I can't wait to get to.

Well, c'mon. Post a pic.

Everything that I've ever read says that honey is the perfect food. It never goes bad :D

perfect food, may be. I just read something about dark honey.............don't remember what (was it an article about olive oils?).

There Is a honey shop I frequent where I buy the touristy stuff like whipped honey & almond honey.

Fermented honey is also one of the earliest alcohols enjoyed by mankind, if what I read was correct.

perfect food, may be. I just read something about dark honey.............don't remember what (was it an article about olive oils?).

There Is a honey shop I frequent where I buy the touristy stuff like whipped honey & almond honey.

Fermented honey is also one of the earliest alcohols enjoyed by mankind, if what I read was correct.

Have to have raw (unpasteurized) honey that still (may have) has bits of the comb in there if you do it yourself.

Found this fermented garlic honey that looks like a winner.

bubbly-garlic-in-honey.jpg

The more I read my link, the more I want to try this. There is a beekeeper local to me that sells honey (I assume it's not pasteurized but he may have both).

Reading the comments, one of the viewers posted this:
Ginger slices are divine in this concoction! Sometimes I’ll layer thinly sliced lemon, whole garlic cloves, sprinkle with some good turmeric (can’t find fresh turmeric here very often) & then the ginger slices (however thick or thin you like)..really in any order you want to layer is just fine….keep layering till the jar is 3/4 full, then pour a good quality honey over it …. you talk about good stuff !!!! I have 2 jars of just the garlic & honey that I made last December & it is delicious. By this time the garlic is very, very mild & the honey is yummy. Great for colds & whatever else ails you. I cook with the garlic sometimes & put a teaspoon of the honey in a cup of tea or just take a big teaspoon of it plain

Last edited:
I've heard the same thing about fruitcake :)

S'truth. They used a block of fruitcake to keep the door closed when the gladiators were admitted to the Coliseum, just so they couldn't escape to where they just came from when the lions were released ;)

I can remember, as a kid, seeing jars of honey at the grocery store with pieces of honeycomb inside.
I am old.

It looks like some thing :) not sure if I would be brave enuf to try it,seen a lot of honey in my cabinet over the years and some had the comb. looks like the comb rotted,not sure it will keep like the honey,

Back