Thermoworks Smoke warranty

Dave in Lox

I just wanted to put this out there as I start my cook for tomorrows BBQ.

I can not say enough about Thermoworks and their customer service. Last weekend I had my newer blue Smoke display screen go bad at the end of the cook. I emailed then sunday night after 9pm eastern. By 9 am on monday morning I had to emails stating that they would be warranting my unit and providing another with a return receipt.

I then received a phone call at 10am from their customer service rep saying that we didn't have to blue one in stock and gave me 3 different ways of getting the unit warrantied including one to send my unit back, they will repair it and send it back.

I choose to have them send me a yellow instead. I had the unit friday and was using it friday night for my chili cook.

It is not very often to have that kind of customer service in todays age. They made me a customer for life with this great turn around and help.

Thanks for the great report. It is really nice to see a company live up to its reputation. I have a Smoke and Thermopop, both are GREAT tools!

I have a Thermapen, a Thermapop, and a Smoke. They all work as advertised. I also have a Timestick and Timestick Trio. Great products!

Keep on smokin’,
Dale53:wsm:

Last edited:
I have the Smoke. A black one that I have been using for a few months. I had never had one before so I went with all the reviews on youtube and elsewhere before I bought one. I love my Smoke. It makes BBQs so much easier and less hassle. While I haven't had the need to deal with C/S at Thermoworks, I am glad to know they are responsive and have a customer first attitude.

My only complaint with the smoke is that I have noticed a couple scratches on the display lense. I don't treat my base unit or remote harshly, but it has scratched. It isn't a problem and isn't real noticeable, but if I knew that, I would have gotten some kind of protective cover for them when I got it. I guess I am kind of anal about that.

Oh another small issue. I don't like the way the remote hangs "upside down" on the neck lanyard. I understand the reasoning, but I dont usually put it on my neck as it is too long and gets in the way. I wish it had a little stand on the bottom, so you can just set it up vertically similar to the base unit. where ever you are sitting or laying or whatever. But again, very minor and certainly doesn't detract from the intended function of the unit.

Last edited:

Back