Valentine's Day Pork Loin

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We had a great Valentine's Day. To wind up the day I smoked a Pork Loin that was rubbed down in a strawberry glaze and then coated with a homemade rub. Supposed to be kind of red, for the day. It was a 5 lb. loin, smoked on the 18" WSM at 225. Some cherry chunks for smoke.

Earlier in the day I did some prep work on the sides. I got this little guy for Christmas and decided to break it in.

enhance

I needed a couple of russets for twice baked potatoes later on.

enhance

Performed great.

enhance

All ready to go for tonight.

enhance

Got going on the pork.

enhance

Applied the glaze.

enhance

And the rub.

enhance

Finally on the smoker.

enhance

Let the pork go for around an hour and a half and then got the potatoes on.

enhance

enhance

Some asparagus.

enhance

enhance

10 minute rest.

enhance

Came out pretty good.

enhance

Mixed a balsamic/strawberry glaze for the loin slices.

enhance

For my wife!

enhance

We had a fun day. Hope all of you did too. Looking forward to the weekend. Not sure what's on the agenda but I'll figure out something. Thanks for looking.

That clearly was a happy valentines day at Cliff's place. Your skins and gus kind of stole the thunder from your most worthy loin cook. All are exceptional

Cliff, you defiantly pulled off this Valentine's Day Pork Loincook..top notch..my friend.

Marvelous cook! It all looks delish. Really like the pork loin.

I gave my go anywhere to my daugther.... it had been all over the Southwest and as far South as Loretto. Has the scars to prove it. I cut the side handles off it to make it take up less space. Kinda wish I had it back... liked it better than my SJ.

Last edited:

Back