HELP! BBQ joint near Las Colinas, TX?

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Ok, TVWBB faithful, I need your help. I have NEVER had BBQ in TX, and I'm headed there for a work trip in two weeks. I'm flying into Love Field, and our meetings are in Las Colinas. Is there any good (and I know you know what good is) BBQ that I can get to within a 30-45 minute drive that will provide a really good TX BBQ experience?!?! I'll probably fly in on a Monday, and out on Wednesday/Thursday........

I know y'all can come through for me here with some ideas other than what I can find with a Google search..... :)

TIA!

R

Post Oak in Irving and if you can get to it Pecan Lodge in Dallas. But I’ll tell you how to find the best closest place: ask a local or even better — a Highway Patrolman. They know where to go.

Thanks, guys! Appreciate the pointers. Dwain, great tip about asking a local or LEO! :)

R

I had a small window for lunch today, and since Post Oak is a 5 minute drive from my hotel, I popped over there for lunch. Thanks for the recommendation, Dwain, it was very good! I'll write up some more details and post a few pics in the Q Joint review section.

Just wanted to say thanks!

R

Dustin, thanks for the Cattleack recommendation!! Made it there yesterday before flying home, and it was awesome!! Put a review up in the BBQ Joint Review section.... :)

R

Back