Ok ..... "Houston, we have a problem"

Kevin Konyon

I have way too many grills and have lost control. It truly is an addiction! I cannot stay off of CL and so many people are giving away these beauties and I feel like I have to take them all in!! I want to justify that I had a grill for a certain occasion, cook, or whatever. I know longer can say that. I have too many.

OK here goes: I have finally decided that I need to let one or two go. I have to decide between keeping my Genesis LX 1000, CL find from last summer .... or the 2017 Spirit e-210 that I picked up last weekend. I literally grabbed this grill while my wife was gone and stashed it in the garage! The use for this gasser is what I call my "garage grill" or "burgers and brats" grill. I just use it in the winter. I cook with charcoal or grill on my Summit in the Spring, Summer and Fall.

So.... Which one Would you keep ?!? Help!

Sincerely,

Out of control Weber Addict ;)

I would go with the 1000 as well. It is a better constructed grill IMO and will do everything the spirit can do and more. Grab a little Q1xxx or Q2xxx for your burgers and brats. The wife will barely notice it.

The 1000 for sure, my 19 year old 1000 (now a 2000) is still going strong. If I had to get rid of all my grills and smokers except one the 1000 would be my keeper.

I'm voting for the 1000 also. It's hands down the best grill I have ever owned. Plus, the rotisserie!

Totally agree with all of you. Perhaps I just needed to hear it out loud! I have another 1000 that I am going to restore for someone later this spring. They're just so great. Cheers! I was only considering the e-210 because it came with the cast iron GBS grate....and to get the SS grate for my Summit is $70. I use the wok on my Performer all the time.

Thanks Gents!

Late to the party, but I agree with all about the 1000.

I can definitely relate to the challenge of ignoring all the great deals out there. Right now in my area on OfferUp there are still both a Genesis Platinum and a Summit Platinum that could be had for a total of 200 bucks. The Genesis appears ready to go while the Summit would need some $ for burners and flavorizer bars, but it would be a great rotisserie station and big event grill. But my grill shed is overflowing and my backyard has yet more unfinished grill projects plus the five grills I own to use:confused:. My wife is thrilled by all of it:eek:!

My name is Bruce and I am a Grillaholic. Sheesh guys, we need to form a support group.

My name is Bruce and I am a Grillaholic. Sheesh guys, we need to form a support group.

When will the therapist be in?!!

I can make so many justifications...two grills both with very rare STAINLESS frames! What could be a better fit for the humid Florida salt air that pelts my deck? Help me, Doc:eek:!

I agree the 1000 is the better grill. I have one and it's great. But a two burner grill is kind of nice to have in conjunction with a bigger grill like your Summit (or my 1000). I use my 2 burner genesis A a lot when I'm just grilling a few burgers or a couple of steaks. It's more economical on gas than a bigger grill. The spirit isn't as well built as a genesis but they are still pretty good IMO. I have a good friend that has your spirit grill and he's had it several years and it still works and looks fine.

I like how economical the older Genesis's are to refurbish though. And with natural gas, especially in the winter, I'm very slightly putting a dent in our monthly gas bill with any grilling. The newer grills, especially stainless, look nice when new but if they rot out it's a whole stainless situation. I like the older models because as necessary you can re do the wood, the frame, the aluminum, etc. without any one of those being a very big deal.

Just two more cents!

Tim

Back