Help ID this Gas Grill?

John Setzler

00h0h_6IOsg45HWH0_1200x900.jpg

I am purchasing this grill for $20 on Craigslist from a local seller and can't determine exactly which model it is. I know it's about 12 years old. Any ideas what it is so I can start looking at some replacement parts for this rehab project?

Thanks!

It is a good deal for $20. It is a Weber Gensis Silver A two burner grill.

To get more specifics, find the serial number. It is usually under the control panel somewhere. The serial number will give you all the specifics like model, age, etc...

It is a good deal for $20. It is a Weber Gensis Silver A two burner grill.

To get more specifics, find the serial number. It is usually under the control panel somewhere. The serial number will give you all the specifics like model, age, etc...

Awesome, thanks!

Now I just have to figure out if I can stuff it in the back of my Subaru Crosstrek to bring it home in the morning :)

It might be a tight fit. You can pull the two pins in the lid hinge out and reduce the height considerably. You can remove the two gray end caps with a philips screwdriver and that will save you a couple inches on each side. But, the frame is not one piece but would require completely dismantling the grill to take it apart.

You could call the seller and ask for some measurements to get an idea if it will fit in your Subaru. Good luck, post up some photos when you get it home and there is a lot of information on this forum for cleaning it up and fixing problems.

That's a great deal for $20 even if it needs a few things. Besides Weber you can get parts from a variety of vendors on the web. I use this site a lot and have been very happy with their prices and service.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=erepl...f62f54f57930b3c7ab339ef16&cc=US&setlang=en-US

Also about three months ago I picked up a little silver A and restored it for my son who has a condo with a small patio deck so he wanted something smaller. He just loves it.

Go grab that Silver A. They are great little grills. As for fitting it in your car, where there is a will there is a way. This is a Silver A in the trunk of my Ford Fusion.

Looks just like the OP's grill except that you still have the hood thermometer. Also, just remember that you can easily remove the lid by taking out two pins. That would save you quite a bit. Also, I suggest you take along a tarp to put under it. Expecially if you plan to lay it down like that. It will likely make a nasty mess of your back end otherwise.

I guess a guy could prop the two legs with the casters up on the bumper and trailer it home on the larger Weber wheels...hahahaha :) ;) :D :cool:

The OP's pic does not show a center brace on the bottom frame; Pat G's does. Is that stock on certain years? I picked one up last week for $10 but it is pointless to show pics right now before I at least clean it. Mine does not have that brace and it is a little wobbly.

Some had a center post some used the basket to stabilize the lower frame. Downside to the basket is if it's lost you have one wobbly grill

Back