Camarones Al Mojo De Ajo

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
or in plain English: Shrimp in Garlic Sauce.

I should have taken a picture of the table on the performer. It would have shown the 4 plate lineup to do this.
It's a very fast cook - much like stir fry.

Hey... these frustrums are good for more than wings.

9MkT3Vf.jpg

Got the skillet to a med high heat & sauteed a pound of shrimp in 3 tbs evoo for 30 seconds.

rkXp5Yj.jpg

Added another tbs of oil, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 stemmed, seeded, minced jalapeno, & 1/4 cup minced onion.
Cooked for 30 seconds more.

ZS62RWP.jpg

Then 1/3 cup tomato puree, 1/8 cup lime juice & some salt/pepper (1/2 tsp each or so). Stirred that for a minute.

BgrH5SU.jpg

And finally... 1/2 cup shredded cabbage & some chopped cilantro for another minute.

rtPnAHT.jpg

Served on a bed of Spanish rice. Time To Eat!

z7TPWxh.jpg

Rice is real hit & miss with me - this time it was a bit al dente. Shrimp was good, though.
Will do it again.

Last edited:
I can see why you didn't have much time for pictures. Outstanding looking meal Robert. I love shrimp and my wife REALLY loves shrimp. I'd like to give that a go one of these days.

Looks fantastic, Robert! With those quick cooks it's a challenge to grab pics amidst the flurry of activity. You captured the process well, though, and the shrimp look great!

R

Robert that looks excellent. I have the same thing with rice, at 5500 feet it's a crap shoot if it will come out okay. Mushy one time half cooked the next.

me gusta mucho! voy a cocina eso pronto!

gracias por compartir

Robert that looks excellent. I have the same thing with rice, at 5500 feet it's a crap shoot if it will come out okay. Mushy one time half cooked the next.

Have you tried the Mexican Rice from ATK? If not, I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

Last edited:
OT:

I ordered a shrimp burrito from Beto's today (cheap Mexican restaurant chain), & it was filled with a large amount of Spanish rice, a little cabbage, some shrimp, & a little bit of white sauce. I first found this burrito late after a Halloween party several years ago & was surprised how good it was ------ they're almost always very good. I'm going to make some of my copy into burritos...but I'm full now, just ate the 2nd half. quizas la proxima fin de semana.

Robert-R. Camarones Al Mojo De Ajo

What a beautiful cook Robert. I have too give that a try.

Last edited:

Back