Hello From Indianapolis

WillB-Marine

Hello!

Soon to be owner of a WSM 18in, current owner of a Charbroil+Firebox. Spent last summer learning how to smoke with the Charbroil and sticks. My dad uses a fireplace to heat his home in the winter, and he casually mentioned he was about to pull down a bunch of fruit trees. So naturally I bought a firebox, and went to town. I have a VERY nice supply of Cherry, Plum, Mulberry, a little crab apple, and whats turned out to be my favorite smoke flavor, Red Oak. Ended up smoking 3 turkeys, countless whole chickens, fatties, bacon, breast, roast, and a failed brisket (RIP, friend. But, you tasted good cut thin with cheese and crackers) just so long as I do my own splitting and hauling.

Helps that the wife approves completely of this hobby.

So now, here in a week or so Im picking up the 18in WSM. Going to keep the stick burner, its a FUN challenge to manage the heat plus get a really nice smoke flavor, and sometimes I just want to grill a bunch of food.

PS: If you're in the Indy area and need chunks of red oak, plum, or mulberry, let me know and I can hook you up. Cherry is coming once I can knock down a couple trees at the parents home

Back