Is the Sam's Club Member's Mark 22.5" as good a deal as it looks?

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I ran across a YouTube video that compared a Weber Master Touch:blackkettle: to the Sam's Club Member's Mark 22.5 Kettle ($199 vs. $99). I was wondering if anyone here has ever actually seen or used one of these:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/22-5in-kettle-grill/prod21452474.ip?xid=plp:product:1:24

You do have to like the 4 stainless legs, although on the video one was damaged in the unopened box. Unabashedly a "Made in China" item, but then again so is the Weber Ltd Red Kettle:redmastertouch:. The cast iron grate looks pretty nice, too.

Would enjoy any feedback from people have seen one of these or, better yet, used one.

I see a lot of those on the curb with a "free" sign on them. Not too often do I see a Weber on the curb for free

Three legs are much easier to have level or at least stable than four, might be OK if you don’t use it much or to turn it into a dedicated pizza set up. Think camera tripods as far as stability.
Hey, it’s a hundred bucks. Of course, free would be better!

Last edited:
I see a lot of those on the curb with a "free" sign on them. Not too often do I see a Weber on the curb for free

Well, that speaks volumes right there. My suspicion is that it looks nice new but doesn’t hold up as evidenced by your observation. I don’t have a Sams card so I have never seen one myself. I wonder if we have anyone here who has examined one up close?

It looks superficially close. Just in reading the comments, it doesn't have an ash sweeper from what I can tell.

Back