Greetings from 60193 - newbie to the forum

Thomas Domenz

Currently smoking on a 22" WSM - had the 18" but sold it got the larger one.
Reading about smoking ribs and such with the hanging method - thinking to make a rack but wondered what the VMBB folks would have to say and recommend !?
Looking forward to the VWBB words of wisdom !
Thanks
Tom in 60193

Hi Tom and welcome!

If you're handy you can make a rack, but if not you have a couple of options. One is to try to find the discontinued hanging set made by Weber for the 22.5" WSM. One of our forum members may still have one for sale...click this link to send a Private Message to C Potter and ask him. There's also a small chance you'll find one for sale online somewhere...you're looking for the Weber 7473 Expandable Smoking Rack, 22-Inch.

Second option is to consider one of the hanging kits from Hunsaker Smokers or Gateway Drum Smokers. I know the Gateway version for their 55-gallon drum fits the 22.5" WSM; you'll need to contact Hunsaker to find out if theirs fits your cooker.

A couple of related threads:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?70371-rib-rack-question
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?69...tinued-the-Hanger-Rack-for-the-WSM-s-for-2017

Good luck!
Chris

My wife bought me the Hunsaker Hanging Rib Rack for Christmas. Looking forward to using it soon. Looks will made, durable and comes with 6 hooks and has received high praise on Amazon. Can't wait to put this bad boy through its paces. There are a couple of very helpful you tube videos as well.

My wife bought me the Hunsaker Hanging Rib Rack for Christmas. Looking forward to using it soon. Looks will made, durable and comes with 6 hooks and has received high praise on Amazon. Can't wait to put this bad boy through its paces. There are a couple of very helpful you tube videos as well.

I'm using the Hunsaker rack for the first time tomorrow and I can't find too much information on using it. Will you provide the you tube links you're talking about? Thanks.

Back