Weber Bird Feeder System

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, in the mid- to late-80s, Weber was in the bird feeder business with the Weber Bird Feeder System.

According to this 1985 Weber Product Brochure:

"With the new Weber Bird Feeder System, you'll have birds chirping in your yard all year 'round. Choose from our three natural redwood models or unique PentaFeeder line. And don't forget to check into our feeder accessories. All are made with traditional Weber quality."

"The PentaFeeder rewards you and the birds."

Here's a photo from WKC member Jocool in Australia who found a PentaFeeder with original box.

ggRp9jN.jpg

Weber even sold an accessory called a "squirrel guard" made from a repurposed kettle lid under which you could hang any bird feeder! Here's a photo courtesy of TVWBB friend Anthony Galaz.

3yKPONa.jpg

1985 Weber Bird Feeder Patent
1986 Weber Bird Feeder Patent

3EKaLDp.jpg

rEHHg0Q.jpg

c14ehIT.jpg

hRTAzyZ.jpg

Bob, you are an interesting curator of so many things Weber! Thanks for sharing that article. I especially like the correction at the bottom of the article!
The old family owned hardware store here had every one of the items for a Weber Room! I miss that store! The old guy was a BIG promoter of the Genesis when it first arrived, he was pitching me on all the Superior design points when I was 20 or younger. Now that I actually have a (‘97) Genny I remember every word that man said!

Last edited:

Back