Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I donít need a 26Ē kettle

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Never around here either! As much am I continue to scour for a range of fifty miles, no one around here is getting shed of one! One day, I will see one but, I’ll be on vacation five hundred miles in the wrong direction with no room in the vehicle!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

I finally broke down and bought one. Got it for $297 no tax or shipping. It gets here next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K in PNW View Post
    I finally broke down and bought one. Got it for $297 no tax or shipping. It gets here next week!
    That price is a winner! I think you will really enjoy it, although I have never had the privilege myself! Someday...
    Genesis Platinum Silver C Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s Black '74 18, SJ. Projects: Skyline & 2 many others!

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    One day...
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K in PNW View Post

Cha - Ching ! ! ! !

BD

Right now on Google Express, there is a 25% off with coupon code EXTRA25. Hayneedle sells the 26" kettle for $299 plus 25% off coupon code for $224 plus tax. Not too bad of a price if you're looking into getting a 26" kettle. Coupon expires on 7/17

https://express.google.com/product/7...488427_5643243
    (with blue lid, a.k.a. Baby Blue) (22.5 in. Kettle premium) (Genesis II E-310) (Genesis Platinum C with Genesis 5000 lid)

Ok y'all, need some help in deciding if I need a 26" kettle or not...I have $120 worth of Amazon gift cards that I can used towards it putting the cost at $180 (plus tax). I already have a 22" premium kettle, so do I really need a 26er? If I do get the 26 then I plan on selling the 22...what are your thoughts? I like the fact that you can smoke 3 racks of ribs at once on the 26 vs. 2 on the 22 and that would be the main reason why I would get it.
    (with blue lid, a.k.a. Baby Blue) (22.5 in. Kettle premium) (Genesis II E-310) (Genesis Platinum C with Genesis 5000 lid)

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    I think they are super cool but I feel like I would need it only once or twice a year. Even then I can get buy with creative use of my gasser or 22 WSM.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

TVWBB Super Fan
    I have both. If one had to get kicked out of bed it would absolutely be the 22” over the 26”.
    Too many Webers to list

TVWBB Member
    Get the 26 you won't regret it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast