Smoked Meatloaf on the offset.

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

My wife wanted meatloaf and I offered to smoke it.

Meatloaf. My wife Brandy, made it.

Don't worry. A Weber was involved to light some lump charcoal.

Offset getting fired up with some Pecan from limbs cut off our tree. I took this opportunity to spray down the firebox with canola oil.
It keeps it from rusting and it's way easier than painting it.

My son and my dog Sprinkles were helping.

Some TBS. So thin you can barely see it.

Kept it around 275 most of the cook.

Starting to get some smoke.

The fire. This meatloaf only took about 2 hours.

They are ready!

Served with some cauliflower mashed potatoes.

This meatloaf turned out fantastic. This is the 2nd time I've cooked this. Luckily, Brandy made the meatloafs. I like to overwork the heck out them.
It's really hard to beat the smoke taste for an offset.
Thanks for looking!

Way to go, Dustin! Both meatloaf look superb.

Nice to see you using the stick burner. I should fire mine up one of these days.

That the plated picture works for me, killer meatloaf Dustin. Dustin Jr. is lookin' good in his Storm Trooper T

Dustin, that was an awesome looking meatloaf. Smoking a meatloaf is the only way to go. That little guy is a cutie.

Last edited:
Great looking meatloaf's and plate. Like Barb said, smoked meatloaf is the only we do it anymore. She always makes the meatloaf and never the same way twice and I smoke it. Always a new surprise inside.

I love meatloaf and those two look killer.
Silly Question Dustin ...I know nothing about offset's <<<<< = zero. I see you punched holes in the aluminum pans and put the meatloaf in them, the heat comes from the side....where does the all meatloaf drippings go to?

We just happened to have those pans. They are more for grilling veggies. The drippings go into the barrel of the smoker. It has a drain hole. Generally you can hose it out or wipe it up. Briskets or butts drip quite a bit. It's just part of it.

Back