My Wife's Birthday Cook

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
My wife recently had a birthday and this year she wanted Scallops for dinner. Had a recipe I've been wanting to try, Seared Scallops with Jalapeno and Orange dressing. Sided it up with some grilled asparagus and white Basmati Rice. Here's a few pics.

Got the scallops at Costco. They were fantastic. The dressing consisted of thinly sliced pieces of the jalapeno peel, chopped. Orange segments and the juice of a couple oranges, rice vinegar, olive oil, red chili sambal.

enhance

Got the asparagus marinating in a balsamic, oil, garlic marinade.

enhance

Made a banana cream pie for dessert later tonight.

enhance

enhance

Got the asparagus going.

enhance

Scallops on a screaming hot griddle.

enhance

Flip and finish in a little butter.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Well, we had the pie for dessert. All in all it was a really delicious cook. My wife loved it. Hope you're all having a great weekend. Thanks for looking.

PS Another Great Pats game! On to the Super Bowl, hopefully with the ViKINGS!

Scallops look amazing, Cliff! I don't think I've tried them from CostCo before, but will do so now. My wife loves scallops, too!

R

Cliff, that was a delicious looking birthday dinner. Happy belated birthday to the Mrs's.

Some classic work for your wife's birthday, looks wonderful. I'm sure she enjoyed that a lot.

Looks great Cliff, I'm sure you and the birthday girl enjoyed it. Glad to hear the Costco scallops are up to your standards, I've been eyeballing them, time for me to buy some.

First off happy belated Birthday to your wife, and what a wonderful dinner you prepared for the occasion.
You cant go wrong with Costco scallops.

Nice birthday dinner that you fixed for your wife. Looks like she had a guud one.
Big bummer with those VIKINGS.

Thanks everyone! I passed along all the birthday wishes to my wife. She appreciates it.

Nice birthday dinner that you fixed for your wife. Looks like she had a guud one.
Big bummer with those VIKINGS.

Hey Russ.... Good to see your post. Yes, bummer indeed, bot those VIKINGS have nothing to hang their heads for. 14 wins this season and advancing to the NFC Championship Game is an excellent season. Clearly the cream of the NFC North. They'll be back next year, better and stronger.

Happy Birthday to your wife, and i know my wife would love everything thing on that plate or two, great job those scallops look to be perfect we love them from Costco/Sams.

Back