difference in 7 & 14 cup cuisinart food processors

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
are the work bowls interchangeable? I got a 7 cup processor back in 2014 and one locking tab that holds the lid on broke off. I was looking for another bowl and then wondered about getting a larger work bowl to increase the capacity. Will a larger bowl fit in my base and work with my existing blades & blade-mount?

Don't have one but some thoughts:

1)Pics I've seen seem to indicate they're just taller rather than wider. In that sense, it might fit.
2)does the 14 have a more powerful motor than the 7? Maybe. Check out descriptions on amaz.

What you could do is go to a local target, wally whatever and try the bowls on their display models to see if they fit.

Motor size remains my main concern though. If it can't handle double the product, I smell a burned out motor in your future.

PS--you could always use duct tape to hold the lid on ROTFLMAO ;)

safety & motor size is not a concern. I'm mostly interested in having a second work bowl, and if I buy one for $30, why not get a bigger one. And then you know I was looking at the 14 cup model.

I know the blades are the same, not sure about the part that connects to the blade then is set on the spindle.

looks like this blade I got back then fits the 7 & 11 cup processors, not sure about the 14 cup.

Last edited:
Send an email to cuisinart?

Good idea but I think I figured it out. The extra discs I got are a slightly smaller diameter than the 14 cup (I think). I think the 7 & 11 cups blades are the same diameter, but the 11 is just deeper so the blade would be higher, almost to the lid (requiring a longer blade-mount-shaft).....good thing too, because the taller one has a deeper bowl, and can contain more liquid or solids.

I'm not too worried about it - I found the replacement bowl for $30 and I don't think I'll even buy that, mine was just dirty and I wanted to shred some cheese or something, which prompted the desire for another clean work bowl that I didn't have to dry:)

I don't use my food processor all that often - I'll make coleslaw a couple times per year, I made almond butter in it (roasted almonds & smoked Himalayan salt) the day before yesterday, I have a mini prep I use about as often. Throw a couple/few jalapenos or garlic cloves in to mince them quickly...can of chickpeas for hummus (mostly in the mini prep). I need to organize my kitchen & make better use of my stuff for now.

Back