an awkward grab

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
so I'm driving a few hours this morning, left a little early because of an impending snow storm. The snow was bad, roads were rough, covered in chunky ice patches, more accidents & cars off the road than I remember seeing.

I'm cruising along and about in the worst of it I'm out front (passed some semis & slow cars), the road seems smooth but the snow's still coming down-----I unroll my window, go to lift the windshield wiper to clear the ice from it, & it came off the wiper arm & flipped over the vehicle!

I cranked the heater on full to the windshield and the snow & water just beaded & streamed, didn't get any gunk on my windshield. I didn't want to stop until an exit (no shoulder, maybe 8" snow, so I finally get to an exit, take the one from the passenger side & stopped at the nearest auto parts store I could find 34 miles away.

I unroll my window, go to lift the windshield wiper to clear the ice from it, & it came off the wiper arm & flipped over the vehicle!

Wow Clint, I can't believe the windshield wiper would cause your vehicle to flip over. And you just kept on going, glad you are safe.:p

Wow Clint, I can't believe the windshield wiper would cause your vehicle to flip over. And you just kept on going, glad you are safe.:p
Must have flipped 360 and landed back on its wheels.

My dad told the story about the wipers going out on their Model A Ford while driving in the rain.
They tied strings to the wiper arms, ran them through the side windows and my uncle, riding shotgun, pulled the strings back and forth. That got them to where they were going.

Must have flipped 360 and landed back on its wheels.

My dad told the story about the wipers going out on their Model A Ford while driving in the rain.
They tied strings to the wiper arms, ran them through the side windows and my uncle, riding shotgun, pulled the strings back and forth. That got them to where they were going.

Now that is some good ole American injun newity at it's finest

Back