Seduced by the Dark Side of the Force

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
While gone, I had no Weber grills available to me, it was awful, I was in great distress. All the while this thing kept calling me out saying "You don't know the power of the Dark Side." I broke, and tried out it's offering and found it to be most comforting in my time of Weber withdrawl. I soon became attached to and it's offerings, ignoring the REM's the Light Side was offering. Before I knew it, I seccumbed to it lure. Friday I picked it up, bringing it to my home, seeing the dismay on my family's face as they wondered what is this non-Weber thing? I assured them it won't replace the Webers, it merely is here to provide another view of the Force that surrounds us. My cat was the first to join me...News to follow in the photo section

52D44C16-F99C-4947-9A2E-9DFA3AEC8680_zps0di9hbor.jpg

I love my Weber's, but like I've said in other posts when someone posts a thread and uses a non weber grill or smoker. It's the cook I'm looking at not what it was cooked on.
Looking forward to your thoughts on your new acorn.

I have several other smokers besides the Webers. The more the merrier. Makes you a better pit master.
Have fun & enjoy. Life is guud.

looks like there's 2 gas hoses, one on either side - or is one electric and one gas???? :)))

Can't wait to see the little feller in action. What's it weigh?

It is always fun to experiment. What have you cooked with it so far?
Nothing yet, the instructions say to do one burn off, I did that earlier this morning. I plan to do some wings tonight. I needed a diffuser, the one that comes with the Akorn cost $40, that's 1/3 what I paid for the dang thing. I dug around in my garage, found the steamer shelf out of my steamer pot that became my Mini-SJ. I cut it to fit, and then put a 10" clay pot holder. There you have it, my diffuser for < $2

The steamer shelf cut to fit

FDB81FA8-CDF0-4CB6-80FB-537218F23952_zpsl4tfj8wk.jpg

The 10" clay pot holder wrapped in foil

AE92DEAE-3027-4EE2-A9BC-9C713BD0B63C_zpsg4jkd38v.jpg

Ain't she purdy?

84B3CA25-7421-48D1-8B2A-7E5A059E910B_zpsb9uyoouy.jpg

My first burn. It pegged my digital that goes to 650, and it was still getting hot. I'd guess north of 700. 10 fully lit charcoals. This was at start up

ED226478-2729-4E19-9537-14577843EADB_zps5oa9uteq.jpg

Firebug Chuck is gonna have some fun with this little guy!
I'm also looking forward to your cooks and opinion.

I’m such a rookie and always interested in different techniques and ways to cook outside. That’s what I like about this forum, everyone shares ideas, cooking techniques and recipes. I look forward to your future posts and review on da liddle mutha.

looks like there's 2 gas hoses, one on either side - or is one electric and one gas???? :))) Can't wait to see the little feller in action. What's it weigh?
Those are the handles, no gas in this lil' guy. It's charcoal or nothing. I'd say it weights maybe 40 LBS? It's not ceramic, it's terracotta under it's steel skin

Back