The Searzall

It sure looks cool, but its a uni-tasker. A 12" cast iron pan will bring you much greater joy (IMO).

I'd imagine the material that the fist screen is plated / coated in is what contributes to the price. It's kinda like a mini catalytic converter.

I don't do boiled meat so I have no need for one.

I have one. I’m going to keep it and it works ok, but honestly I’ve been using my weed burner a lot lately to sear my meat after the sous vide cook.

I’ve seenit used by some guy on YouTube, thought it was interesting but, I’ll use a torch I already own one of those.

I don't need one but for $26.92 compared to the history:

1662215504968.png

Yet it comes from a vendor with no history:

1662215546966.png

I suppose the risk is lowered since it would be ordered from Amazon but I wonder if there's a way to know it's an authentic Booker & Dax.

My Searzall and packaging look identical to the photos on their website, but I don't know if the inner screen is palladium plated. I did the burn in yesterday and burned sidewalk weeds for the 2 minutes. Today, I made my first Papa Murphy's pizza and used the Searzall to char the top a bit.

Price is up on Amazon, but I see many similar looking ones on eBay for about $30. Maybe their Chinese supplier went rogue.

Attachments

• PXL_20220904_213347446.jpg
    PXL_20220904_213347446.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 5
BFletcher, Where did you get this data from? Very interesting chart.

Back