Wanted to Buy: Genesis 2000 OR 3000 working side burner

I have one that I think will be fine though the hinge pin for the lid is broken. I don't have a photo of it since it's not at my house

attn: LMichaels...you actually assisted me with my post of 12/6 broken valve stop! so, this side burner would be my replacement!! thx!!!!!!

Ahh got it. What has happened is when I was at my son in law's this past summer I realized I had accidentally mis-jetted the grill to run on a regulated NG supply. Turns out his is at full 7" WC pressure and I installed jets for 4" WC so let's just say it was running a bit "hot" and was causing binding of the control valves when the fire box would expand too much. So I went there to rejet it and while working on it we dropped the side burner and broke the lid hinge. So While I could repair it I was able to grab another one in excellent shape locally from a guy parting one out. The only caveat is I don't know if it's a NG or LP. once I get that ironed out I'll be in touch. Just been too cold and too busy LOL

The hinge pins are just plastic pins. Basically just clips like you find in car door panels and such. I need to find replacements for mine this spring. I figure Menards or Home Depot will have something that will work. I measured the diameter a while back of the holes and I cant remember exactly what size they were....I am thinking 3/16"

Yeah I realize it but the one I got is in such pristine shape (like that lid I told you about and BTW wife just went right past you today to MN).

I probably passed her on I90/94 on my way back from Winona, MN visiting my folks. I have too many grills and parts laying around now. I had to store most of them out in the back yard on my trailer with a tarp over them for the winter. The Silver C I had acquired after that so it is stuck in my garage with my Genny 1000 and another rehab project grill. I can hardly see the floor in my garage. My wife wouldn't be happy with me storing the lid in my bedroom. :)

But I appreciate the offer. It may be something I would be interested in next summer if I find I am a lid short on one of my rehabs.

this is it...I don't know the exact size:
https://www.grainger.com/product/5RKT3?cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!166589327917!!!g!82128375477!&ef_id=WbMgiAAAAF2r1AOy:20180119021802:s&kwid=productads-adid^166589327917-device^c-plaid^82128375477-sku^5RKT3-adType^PLA

I probably passed her on I90/94 on my way back from Winona, MN visiting my folks. I have too many grills and parts laying around now. I had to store most of them out in the back yard on my trailer with a tarp over them for the winter. The Silver C I had acquired after that so it is stuck in my garage with my Genny 1000 and another rehab project grill. I can hardly see the floor in my garage. My wife wouldn't be happy with me storing the lid in my bedroom. :)

But I appreciate the offer. It may be something I would be interested in next summer if I find I am a lid short on one of my rehabs.

Well I know shell be going up there again in possibly March/April and also once or twice perhaps 3 times in the summer. Her bro just died Dec. 1st so even though he wasn't a lot of help he did perform some duties for their mom. Now with him gone and her sister all the way down in FLA it falls on her. Oddly I haven't been back since I was working up there. Kinda weird.
There'll be a lot of opportunity though since I have 2 red lids I might just stick one on that Genesis I picked up a couple months ago (which BTW I have not touched yet LOL) If I do that I think the black lid will go in trash. I only saved the red ones because they are harder to come by

Yah, I have a couple extra black lids as well. One has that hazy look to it and the other is in great shape. They are both different styles or I would dump the hazy one. I may just remove the end caps and thermometer and dump it anyway.

I hope things go well with your wife's trip. I hope she isn't planning on traveling back on Sunday or Monday. The weather looks pretty bad those days.

She's planning on Tuesday but has Wednesday in her back pocket. And she's got one of our AWD Highlanders with brand new Pirelli Scorpion tires all around. Only thing is I have an issue with the ABS/Traction control on that one. Gotta either get it to my friend who's ASE certified or I will get it to the local Toyota dealer. I have a new ABS pump assembly for it (well new used one) but I am unsure if the issue is there or not and I don't have the special tools to bleed ABS systems. Otherwise I'd just slap that baby in there. But she felt better driving on new tires than old tires with electronic assistance

Well, I wish her luck and Godspeed. That stabilitrack and traction control stuff is an imperfect system to say the least. I have them on my truck and if I get the truck stuck, those systems won't allow the driver to do what he needs to do to get it "unstuck". Solution is to pull the ABS fuse which disables all three systems. I had abs on my old 91 S10 blazer and the abs unit went out. The dealer quoted me $1200 to fix it. I just disconnected it completely and drove it that way for another 5 years with no problem. I put a piece of electricians tape over the ABS light on the dash. I was used to not having ABS anyway and IMO, I could stop just as fast and maintain better control than the ABS system could. I traded it in that way.

Back to the topic. I stopped down at the local ACE hardware store and picked up a couple replacement fastners for my extra burner lid. What you need is 7/32" fasteners.
Here is a photo of what I got.

hMcqwsg.jpg

Back