USDA Prime Ribeye Cap Steaks with Super Sear

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
USDA Prime ribeye cap steaks from Costco seasoned with S&P, slow roasted in a 250°F oven to 110°F internal temp, then cast iron griddled over crazy high heat for 90 seconds per side on the Weber gasser. Finish with a knob of Irish butter and get ready for one of the best steaks you'll ever eat!

XeUnhL3.jpg

cryV6B5.jpg

F9yzFVY.jpg

xaI4XFu.jpg

w6gMJko.jpg

GXHKeB4.jpg

bm1pvm7.jpg

You're eating high on the cow there Chris!
They look perfect!

Question,
Should I finally pop for some Kerrygold, is it that much better of a butter?
I choke when I see the price, even at Costco.

Beautiful steaks, Chris. Every so often, I splurge for those from Costco. Total decadence.

I might have to do a pair of those for a “Boys Night” with my wife’s son and grandson! The women in the place are not quite the “Put your foot on it and Growl” type that the men in the house are. They all like it killed a second time and, that simply goes against my sense of...gustatory decadence!
I’m off to Costco tomorrow, I will look at what’s available.

Chris...

Love those spanalis dorsi ! Wonder if the remaining longissimus dorsi lost their eye apeel...

btw, the meat malvern had some high end caps on sale just recently.

WOW!!! That is some fantastic looking steaks. Going to check out the butter in our area, maybe we'll give it a try. Maybe we'll check out those steaks for a combine birthday dinner for us.:eek:

Should I finally pop for some Kerrygold, is it that much better of a butter? I choke when I see the price, even at Costco.
Sorry, started typing it right after my reply to TBowman but got distracted by a conversation with Mrs. TVWB about something else. :D

Yeah, that's the stuff. I've been using it lately, and have also tried Lurpak (highly rated by Cook's Illustrated) as well as Plugra. I can taste the difference due to the higher fat content, and since we don't use a ton of butter it's kind of a special treat on certain foods where the butter really matters. For baking and other uses, I stick with Land O' Lakes or local brands.

The Kerrygold at Costco comes in two double-wide sticks that don't fit in our butter dish, so I cut them in half lengthwise to get a stick that's similar in size to Land O' Lakes.

Thanks Chris, I'll get some next trip and save it for special things.

I've been keeping a stick of butter in a covered dish on the counter ever since I read where it should keep for up to 3 weeks, mine's gone in 2 or less.

Back