Football

Haven't been watching much this year, but I did manage to see the last 5 or 6 minutes of that game. Wow, that was unreal.

As a Packers fan - I was rooting for the Saints

I feel for the guy who "almost" made the tackle, and landed on his keester with a perfect angle to watch the receiver slip-past him for the game-winning TD

That was a heck of a game. I was kind of rooting for the Saints, but I'm happy for the Vikings. Maybe some year my Cowboys will good and the damn Packers won't beat them in the playoffs!

As a Packers fan - I was rooting for the Saints

I feel for the guy who "almost" made the tackle, and landed on his keester with a perfect angle to watch the receiver slip-past him for the game-winning TD
Plus he also wiped out the only other Saint who would've had a chance to make the tackle. If he'd wrapped up instead of going for the big hit there's a good chance it would be the Saints heading to Philly.

Imagine the odds in Vegas at the start of the season that it'd be Case Keenum against Nick Foles for the NFC championship. Now imagine what a simple $10 bet might've returned...

But the BIG football story is that Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick are dating!

Both Sunday's games were cliffhangers, and both started out very differently from how they ended. I had them on, didn't get to sit and watch but made a few stops in front of the TV. Worthy post season games

Don’t mean to be a Donnie Downer but.....F the NFL. I threw all my ravens stuff away and will not support a corporation that does not love this great country or give a hoot about our cities and neighbors, know what they do care about?......$$$$$$$$$$ and that’s the bottom line. I have family that are both military and civil servants and after the scum bag ravens knelt for the anthem and stood for God save the queen......DONE. I just got 6 months of Sunday’s of free time and I have plenty to do. Sorry for the negative tag.

What Gene said, plus all of the chest beating after simply making a tackle, and over the top touchdown celebrations, thought that's what they're paid big bucks to do.
It's no longer a sport in my eyes, just theatrics.

Don’t mean to be a Donnie Downer but.....F the NFL. I threw all my ravens stuff away and will not support a corporation that does not love this great country or give a hoot about our cities and neighbors, know what they do care about?......$$$$$$$$$$ and that’s the bottom line. I have family that are both military and civil servants and after the scum bag ravens knelt for the anthem and stood for God save the queen......DONE. I just got 6 months of Sunday’s of free time and I have plenty to do. Sorry for the negative tag.

The NFL is bleeding, and bleeding badly. It has lost almost 20 percent of its viewing audience in just the last 2 years!

What Gene said, plus all of the chest beating after simply making a tackle, and over the top touchdown celebrations, thought that's what they're paid big bucks to do.
It's no longer a sport in my eyes, just theatrics.

We should’ve realized that when they took our beloved teams from us. It was as much about the money then as it is now, probably even more. With all the teams leaving their original cities and fans and having tax payers buy their stadiums and having them pay ridiculous prices to get in to “THEIR” stadium shame on them and shame on us for letting it happen but in the end it’s all about the money. I miss the days of Johnny U and that dang blue horse shoe, it meant a lot to the people around here and they were family not some premadonna’s.

Long live the NFL. I love the NFL for its players & the freedom's that they bring with it!!!!!
It was NEVER about the military............

It was NEVER about the military............
I agree, but you might want to ask those who serve, have served, or the loved ones of those who died for our country what they think of disrespecting the National Anthem and the flag.
There are better ways to protest, or of helping your cause.

Chris, it's probably best you shut this thread down, and I'm not helping, sorry.

The NFL is bleeding, and bleeding badly. It has lost almost 20 percent of its viewing audience in just the last 2 years!

What I don't get is that in spite of that, they are making more money than ever.

Yep, Clint you are right.
On a much lighter note did anyone see where the Vikings gave the 99 year old lady a ticket to the Vikings game? She was very spry & happy to get a ticket after all these years.
She has been a life long fan since 1961 & never been to a game. I'm surprised she made it through the game after that finish.
AND, we have a niece who's husband is a Army Ranger. He is out of the country right now. Him & his son are big Viking fans.
We sent the 9 year old nephew a Viking sticker in his birthday card. He thought it was the best thing he got.
Its about the young ones. Remember that!

Please Chris do not delete this thread.

Back