Something New - for me, at least

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Early last summer, I picked up a very nice Genesis and have been enjoying it. For the first time yesterday, I used it as an oven. Threw a whole chicken into a CI skillet on top of some veg and seasoned it with Stubb's chicken seasoning. Some citrus, onion and herbs (as well as some Stubb's) in the cavity. It was around 17 degrees at the time. I had the left and right burner on a little under medium and the center burner off. That puppy hit 375 and stayed there for the entire cook. It never budged. Not many pics, but just wanted to share how happy I am with this grill. Being able to cook the chicken outside freed the oven up for me to do some "Saturday White Bread" (with about 10% whole wheat). Also did some oven potatoes, green beans and 'Mad Max' gravy and managed to win the award for most awkward truss job ever.

38808096215_571ed450f2_c.jpg

25833834778_e5638bc690_c.jpg

Last edited:
Truss job....? You could call that dish "Chicken In Bondage". JK. It's always nice to have a grill you like & enjoy using. I rarely use my gasser, but it sure comes in handy upon occasion. Wouldn't consider getting rid of it. The bread looks super.

Jeff, chicken and bread looks delicious. It's great having a gasser for back up, we do and we love it.

Looks great from here, and the most awkward truss job did what its supposed to do:cool:

Jeff, chicken and bread looks delicious. It's great having a gasser for back up, we do and we love it.

What Barb meant to say is It's nice to have three or four gassers as backups. But seriously we use the NG genesis as an oven a lot in the summer to keep the heat out of the house and it works great.

Great looking meal Jim! I love roasting bird over vegetables. Nice touch to do it in the grill...

Regards,

John

Love the method Jim, I bet it came out great. My son gave me a Weber smoker box for Christmas to use in our Genny. I've yet to use it, and I think I'll dup your cook and give it a go doing so

LOL! It looks like a "Bondage for Beginners" test dummy.

I REALLY DO have tears running down my cheeks from laughter. Thanks! I needed that!

Back