Fake Big Green Egg?

SteveKran

I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this post....I didn't see anywhere else that would work.

I'm getting ready to buy a Big Green Egg to use with my Heatermeter.

I found a picture of this Egg for sale... Notice the letter 'R' underneath the word "Egg" on the top half?

Has anyone ever seen this before? Is it legit or fake?

Thanks!

243j8yu.png

I dont own a BGE, but a quick web search returned lots of pictures, the ones close enough to see seem to have the R on them. R typically indicates "registered" copyright, stands to reason BGE wants to say big and bold "WE OWN THIS NAME!".

I came across the below picture while searching, just had to share it!

295e64ba456ac8a88bb8cffa8f12bc9e.jpg

Looks like I'll be the proud owner of an XL Big Green Egg by the end of the day. Thanks again for the input! I really appreciate it!

Well did you get it???

I did! Didn't come with a plate setter, but I found one on eBay for $80 shipped. It's on a nest and has the folding side tables. I'm about to make a plate to hook up my roto damper. Plans on smoking dinosaur ribs Thursday when I'm off work. So far I've only cooked bone in ribeyes at 700°F. Very impressed!

i did! Didn't come with a plate setter, but i found one on ebay for $80 shipped. It's on a nest and has the folding side tables. I'm about to make a plate to hook up my roto damper. Plans on smoking dinosaur ribs thursday when i'm off work. So far i've only cooked bone in ribeyes at 700°f. Very impressed!

excellent!

Back