LISTEN: America's Test Kitchen on the simplicity of sourdough starters

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
https://www.splendidtable.org/story/americas-test-kitchen-on-the-simplicity-of-sourdough-starters

sourdough-lancaster-01.jpg

That's interesting Clint I just got done dumping that starter out for the second time. After 72 hours nothing but a thick skin on the top, both times. I got it out of the America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2018.
Don't know if living with Nanook of the North (Barb) who likes the house in the low sixties during the day and 50 at night if it's too cold for it. But no go both times.
Cliff suggested a proofing box. After I get over this flu I'll look into that.

Last edited:
Don't know if living with Nanook of the North (Barb) who likes the house in the low sixties during the day and 50 at night if it's too cold for it. But no go both times.
Cliff suggested a proofing box. After I get over this flu I'll look into that.
Marry a hot mama, then complain, good grief Charlie Brown! ;)

Sorry to hear the flu bug bit you Rich, looks like it's going around all over the country right now.

Marry a hot mama, then complain, good grief Charlie Brown! ;)

Sorry to hear the flu bug bit you Rich, looks like it's going around all over the country right now.

Oh not complaining Bob, if that makes Barb happy than I'm happy.

Here in AZ the flu bug is really bad, worst in decades.
I got hit with a mild case compared to some. Didn't have to drive the porcelain bus at all. Just a fever, wicked cough and joint pain and no energy.
I attribute my mild case to keeping adequate amounts of alcohol in my system so those little nasty bugs couldn't a foothold and take me down. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Back