Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks button?

TVWBB Emerald Member Len Dennis's Avatar

So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Another option would be to have the ability to add a "Like" button to your tread when posting it. I understand saying the same things over and over again can get old and start to become meaning less.
    That's why Barb and I don't start a lot of threads anymore because we tend to repeat our favorites and you guys have seen them multiple times so something like that a "like" button would work fine.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Emerald Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Posted 5 yr ago but not responded to
    https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?42593-Thanks-button
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

TVWBB Gold Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Thanks Lew, thanks to you too Bob, it’s simply an acknowledgment without needing to add characters, the Mandolin Cafe site set up is like the Pentax one too, and MUCH easier to add photos.
    It just makes me think it would not use as much band width to “Thank” someone than to respond to the thread with “boy that looks great” thirty times.
    Just one mans opinion.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    I think it would depend on if that capability is built into the vBulletin software the site runs on. I doubt it. I used to have a guild website for an online game that ran on vBulletin, but that was a long time ago. I doubt Chris wants to reprogram their software. I sure as hell wouldn't know how to go about it. It's a good idea though! However, sometimes the old fashioned way to thank someone is best: Write a reply post on a website.

Edit: I googled it an it looks like it is possible, but it's a hack. I doubt Chris would want to mess with it.
    Last edited by Dustin Dorsey; 01-12-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

I'm on the fence regards this.

Personally, if I go to the effort of documenting a cook & posting it... wouldn't want to see a bunch of "likes" or "thanks" & nothing else..
    otoh... would be nice to see acknowledgement for the effort even if someone wishes not to comment.
    I have a feeling that those who wish to comment will do so.
    Could give it a try & see how it goes?
    If it's a bust... get rid of it.
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

TVWBB Gold Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Looks great Robert!

Ok, I’ll go stand in the corner.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12