New build. Wifi issues - Hardware is is AOK. Need help on WIFI

Mike Corson

Hi all:
I just completed the hardware build for a 4.3 with a RPI3 B. The hardware and firmware all boot up and everything appears to be working. Yeah! However, I am unable to see it on my wireless network.
I dL'd the firmware with the wireless gateway name and pw on the download page.
I used the settings, Client, and WPA. I checked my router and WPA appears to be how my wireless router is set.
The HM boots up with an IP address of 192.168.201.1
That appears to be outside my wireless routers begin and and end IP range.
Could that be my problem?
I've reset and rebooted my HM several times and the result is the same IP address.

What settings or what additional tests can I do to get the HM to show up on the
wireless network?
Can I access the RP3 to change the static IP address? If so, how?
See my settings below.
Thank in advance!

Router : Aris ATT NVG589
Settings:
WPA
Device IPv4 Address 192.168.1.254
DHCPv4 Netmask 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server On
DHCPv4 Start Address 192.168.1.64
DHCPv4 End Address 192.168.1.253
DHCP Leases Available 177
DHCP Leases Allocated 13
DHCP Primary Pool Private
Secondary Subnet Disabled
Public Subnet
Cascaded Router Status Disabled
IP Passthrough Status Off (private IP address)
Interfaces
Interface Status Active Devices Inactive Devices
Ethernet Enabled 5 0
Wi-Fi Enabled 13 0
HPNA Enabled 2 0

You could try an Access Point build and then connect directly to the HM access point with a wifi device. From there you can login to the HM web interface, go to config/network/wifi and scan for your wifi network and connect.
The first time I tried to connect to my AT&T router it wouldn't connect no matter what I tried, eventually I disabled wifi security on the router and it connected, then I re-enabled wifi security on the router and the HM still connected. Strange, but that is what happened, so you might try that if all else fails.

It is definitely strange that it shows a 192.168.201.1 IP address on the device. That's the IP address range it uses when it is set up for AP mode only, like for some reason it isn't even trying to connect to your wifi network.

I'd suggest trying to use a mobile device with wifi and look for an unsecured network called heatermeter. If you see it, then it is in AP mode. Connect to that (no password) and go to http://192.168.201.1/ and you shout see a heatermeter page. Go to Configuration (log in with no password) and then select the LinkMeter -> Wifi tab. In a couple seconds it will scan and list networks. Click yours then enter the password in the password box and hit Join. It should say "Joining (something)...." and never refresh. At that point it should be on your network, the IP address should appear on the LCD within a minute, but if you miss it, it is ok to pull the plug and plug it back in after 10 seconds of hitting join.

Same problem

It is definitely strange that it shows a 192.168.201.1 IP address on the device. That's the IP address range it uses when it is set up for AP mode only, like for some reason it isn't even trying to connect to your wifi network.

I'd suggest trying to use a mobile device with wifi and look for an unsecured network called heatermeter. If you see it, then it is in AP mode. Connect to that (no password) and go to http://192.168.201.1/ and you shout see a heatermeter page. Go to Configuration (log in with no password) and then select the LinkMeter -> Wifi tab. In a couple seconds it will scan and list networks. Click yours then enter the password in the password box and hit Join. It should say "Joining (something)...." and never refresh. At that point it should be on your network, the IP address should appear on the LCD within a minute, but if you miss it, it is ok to pull the plug and plug it back in after 10 seconds of hitting join.

I tried this but when i LinkMeter -> (no Wifi tab) so i Network -> Wifi but my home wifi dose not show up?

Back