charcoal at walmart

Last year at this time they had el diablo mesquite lump on sale I loved it I bought 5 bags 40# bags for 13.88 A bag looks like I'm heading to wall Mart to try it out

Rusty, the Home Depots in my area had marked the big bags down to $15 last I saw, but it's been a while since I've had a chance to look.
I got mad at a HD that I service last summer. I had bought 6 sample size bags for $2.50 each. I simply didn't have room in the front of my delivery truck for more, and I didn't have time to secure it in the back. I went to another HD the next day and told the receiver about the charcoal and was wondering if they had any more. He told me it wasn't selling, so they trashed about 20 bags! I got so mad, I had to apologize in advance! While I'm not above cussing customers, the company REALLY frowns on it! :D

Saw b&b mesquite lump charcoal and royal oak natural hardwood briquettes today.

Can anyone tell me more about B&B charcoal mentioned in this thread? I have never seen it or had opportunity to use. I plan to see if our Waltonville might be carrying it, but would be grateful for some opinions from actual users before buying.

Rusty, the Home Depots in my area had marked the big bags down to $15 last I saw, but it's been a while since I've had a chance to look.
I got mad at a HD that I service last summer. I had bought 6 sample size bags for $2.50 each. I simply didn't have room in the front of my delivery truck for more, and I didn't have time to secure it in the back. I went to another HD the next day and told the receiver about the charcoal and was wondering if they had any more. He told me it wasn't selling, so they trashed about 20 bags! I got so mad, I had to apologize in advance! While I'm not above cussing customers, the company REALLY frowns on it! :D

I remember you mentioning that unfortunate event a while back.

(20) 4-pound bags - that's equal to 80 pounds of premium charcoal gone to the landfill! :(

I tried the royal oak birquetts last night they start up really fast and smelled like lump but burn out fast but the wind was blowing and it was cold I liked them

Picked up some suet cakes for my birds today at WM, and they had four bags of B&B hickory lump @ $14.57 for 20 lbs.

I bought a bag of the B&B Competition Char logs at Academy , it was on sale. And I did not like it as well as Kingsford. I don't think it burned as hot as Kingsford. And the Char Logs were more difficult to use, i.e. putting them in the chimney, arranging them in charcoal baskets, etc. Probably would be better in an offset.

Back