Hunsaker Vortex Clone

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
So... brew-haha here & there regarding the Hunsaker Vortex for the WSM. Wanted to see what it's all about... how well it works... if it works.

Since I have more time than money & a fair amount of material left over from other projects, I thought I'd make a clone for the 18.5 WSM.

oYlKdqh.jpg

cEL34lN.jpg

vdkmuKB.jpg

SHMGlQ0.jpg

p86jvmt.jpg

3SAvTWt.jpg

Now all I have to do is try it out!

Robert you have the skills to pay the bills, how did you come up with the dimensions for the Hunsaker Vortex Clone?
I remember seeing a few posts using the Hunsaker Vortex.

Well this Vortex clone cant be made out of a SS dog bowl...;) Maybe a SS stock pot and lid though ahahaha:D

Very nice build, i hope it works as designed and your first cook is off the charts.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jeff.

Dimensions.... what are those? JK - I eyeballed pix I've seen on the net. The concept seemed simple enough that I wasn't going to sweat the small stuff.

Hopefully you got the rotation right. I'd hate to have a counter clockwise rotation when it's suppose to be clockwise.

That's an awesome build. I can't help but be intrigued by those things but I'll probably never buy one. You looks better than the original!

That's an awesome build. I can't help but be intrigued by those things but I'll probably never buy one. You looks better than the original!

Thanks, Dustin. I think they are more for high heat cooking. I need to use it a few more times before I decide if it's a solution looking for a problem.

Back