Question about Beer Can chicken on new Weber Spirit E-310

JimS

TVWBB Member
Hi all,

Quick question. I have an old Weber Genesis Silver 2-burner that's probably 15 years old or so. One of my favorite things to do is beer can chicken. I sometimes had a problem because if I got too big of a bird, the top of the grill cover would contact the bird when I tried to close it. It was "OK" but I wouldn't want any less vertical space in my cooking area than what I have on that grill.

For Christmas, I got a new Weber Spirit E-310. It's great because it has 3-burners and it was really hard to get indirect heat to work well on the older 2-burner. But I'm wondering if the vertical height from the grills to the inside bottom of the cover is less than what I have on my old model? The new unit is still in the sealed box, because I can return it and get a different model if I want. There are only 2 of us and my place is small so I don't really need a big grill. It looks like this unit would work for me as long as there is decent vertical space inside the cooking area. Can anyone tell me if they are able to do beer can chicken in this model? BTW, it's a 2017 model, not the 2018.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jim

I don't know the answer but I wonder if you should also ask in the Weber Gas Grills forum. Good luck.

No Idea, I had a wee look for some dimensions https://www.weber.com/GB/en/grills/spirit-e-310-original-gas-grill but didn't have any luck. But they are advertising beer can chicken on the page so would suspect most should fit. Can you go to a local store that sells them and look at a display model?
Yeah, I looked at the dimensions on the page as well, and they don't give vertical height. I may take a trip to my local Weber dealer and see if they have one there I can take a look at. I also saw they advertised beer can chicken. But you can buy really small chickens that I'm sure would fit. If I do a larger one, that's where the problem comes in.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know the answer but I wonder if you should also ask in the Weber Gas Grills forum. Good luck.
I will check that out...thanks!

Back