Greetings from South Germany

MarcS

Hi there,
first pls excuse my english. I'm not a native speaker ;-)

I've registered here because i thougt I could help in a question regarding Black Forest Style smoking/curing.

Despite of this I'm interested in the RaspberryPi. My Bro and my Cousin are Smoker/Grill-Fans but beginners.
So I think the Heatermeter-Projct (located in this forum) and my wish in learning more about the Pi could be a wonderful synergy.
IT and good food. What else could be better? :eek:

Kind regards

Last edited:
Welcome!! (Or Wilkommen!! That's the extent of my German, sorry.) You don't have anything to apologize for as far as your English goes...I read your reply on that Black Forrest thread with a lot of interest, and your English appears to be as good as most of ours! Glad you've joined us!

P.S. Only way you can get better than IT and good food? A good beer! :)

Gruss Gott! Wilkommen aus Amerika!

Wie weit sind Sie von Rheinfalls? Wir war in Rheinfalls ungefahr 2001. Es ist sehr schon.

Ich war ein Soldat in Augsburg (1975-1979) und ein U.S. Armee zivilist in Bamberg (1999-2004) auch.

Bis spater.

Bill

Gruss Gott! Wilkommen aus Amerika!

Wie weit sind Sie von Rheinfalls? Wir war in Rheinfalls ungefahr 2001. Es ist sehr schon.

Ich war ein Soldat in Augsburg (1975-1979) und ein U.S. Armee zivilist in Bamberg (1999-2004) auch.

Bis spater.

Bill

Thanks both of you for your kind words!

@Dan: regarding the beer. True! But it doesn't count because it's staple food ;-) Made with my Bro and a Friend 300L in a DIY - Session some years ago... :rolleyes:

@Bill:
its about half n hour by car to the Rheinfalls (Rheinfälle). Was there with my school class decades ago.
Visited Nürnberg a year ago and perhaps I will be at Bamberg this spring. Hope you enjoyed your stay here in Germany. Met 2 nice Women in the desert of CA when I visited a good Friend in San Francisco 2004. They served at Ramstein and Heidelberg. They lived in Patrick Henry Village. Perhaps you know it. Had good friends in Heidelberg. At my CA visit I drove by car and with a tent through the state (Tahoe, Yosemite, down to Mohave through a dry valley, back to SF by using Highway No. 1) to meet people and experience the wonders of the nature a more closer way.
Since then I plan to visit the USA again with my wife. To see way more States and perhaps to visit some Football Games. A great guy from TN infected us with it...

gn8 (its about 00:15 in the night)

Nürnberg/Bamberg
Yeah, I had a great 9 year stay! LOL! I vacationed there a couple of times between the years I lived there. I've been to PHV/Heidelberg/Mannheim a couple of times. Have a Rauchbier at the Schlenkerla for me. If not, it's OK. Ich bin eine hobbybrauer und hab Rauchbier vom Fass! I'm currently lagering 19L of Festbier and brewed another batch today. Tomorrow I am brewing a Hefe Weizen and planning a 3rd batch of Festbier next weekend.

Bis nachste mal...

Back