Cast iron? I thought they made bourbon.

With all the Jim Beam I have consumed over the years I would have thought they would have sent me a complimentary set of their CI skillets.

I'm sure they are not up to Lodge quality standards. Most likely Chineseum stuff. Like so many other "branded" products i.e. Bobby Flay CI skillets, Emeril CI skillets and so on. I'm sure they all come from the same Chinese factory. However, if these are made by Lodge then they're a heckuva good buy for $39

I'm sure they are not up to Lodge quality standards. Most likely Chineseum stuff. Like so many other "branded" products i.e. Bobby Flay CI skillets, Emeril CI skillets and so on. I'm sure they all come from the same Chinese factory. However, if these are made by Lodge then they're a heckuva good buy for $39

Agree. Good deal, but who knows what's actually in them.

Yes, really try hard to find out who actually made them. More often than not, it's chinese. And I think the enameled Lodge ones are coated in China (not by Lodge) as well. No thanks.

IIRC I was watching an episode on Science Channel IIRC and they showed Lodge stuff. It's apparently all Made in USA. It's why I buy it. Another REALLY good product is LeCruset. I own one CI Enameled dutch oven from them. We bought it YEARS ago the first year we were married. so it's now over 30 YO and it's my go to pot for slow cooking and sometimes some deep frying. I believe in buying high quality cook ware not electric appliances. So my only electric appliances are now my food processors, my immersion blender, high power stand alone blender (Aldi copy of a VitaMix) and our very big KitchenAid mixer. I don't have the room or the time to mess around with stand alone electrics

Back