Anyone watching "Eat, Sleep, BBQ" on Food Network?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
"Eat, Sleep, BBQ" is one of two new shows on Food Network coming out of "Guy's Big Project", a competition show in which Fieri, his production partners, and some well-known chefs run a series of food television wannabes through various tasks to see who will get a new culinary travel show on Food Network. If you're familiar with the "Food Network Star" series, it's along the same lines.

One of the winners was Rashad Jones, a guy running a BBQ food truck with his wife in Florida. He got a series on Food Network called "Eat, Sleep, BBQ" that I've been watching.

One thing I've noticed is that Rashad says "man" a lot and it's starting to bug me. You could make a heck of a drinking game out of every time he says "man". :D By my count, he said it 34 times in a 30 minute show.

Have you been watching? What do you think?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/eat-sleep-bbq

No, haven't seen it as I have given up watching all the grilling and q shows. It all just got boring. But I may take a look. Fieri drives me nuts.

Nope, Barbs been watching all the Christmas specials on the Hallmark channel. Although I may be able to pry the remote out of her hands now that Christmas is over.

I watched it and didn't change channels in the middle so it didn't bug me too much. I enjoyed it more than the "in your face" BBQ shows on TV.

I'll give it a try, but have to agree with George. Can't stand Fieri, even if he does have some Santa Rosa roots. Arrogance doesn't cut it with me.

Last edited:
I've not seen the show but your mention of the "man" thing reminded me of something. A couple lifetimes ago when I was in the 8th grade I had a teacher who used to frequently use the phrase, "go to work". After noticing the annoying frequency of this we started counting. Most days it would be on the order of 15 times in the two hours we had class with him. One day he broke all previous records when he used some form of "go to work" four times in the same sentence. It was all we could do to keep from ROTFL.

Is this an actual cooking type show or is it more about the operation of a food truck?

I had a teacher who used to frequently use the phrase, "go to work"...

When I was in college I had a teacher (piano & voice) who used to say "Don't push the tempo" every time we played too fast. At the end of the semester we gave her a shirt with "DON'T PUSH THE TEMPO" on it. "We" being another player who was in the piano and Jazz Ensemble with me. We also had our own rock band and played in bars on the weekends. (Back in 1981-83).

We followed Guy's Big Project closely. With so many Food Network talent searches ending with nothing redeemable, we were hoping Guy could break that mold. Taped the initial 2 of Rashid's and initial 2 of the Grill Dads in hopes of watching sometime pleasurable. Something is missing, just not sure what that is. (content maybe...) But, I do wish there was a show highlighting the Deli industry ;)

Back