Ruth's Chris

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I just had my 20 year anniversary at Exide. The boss said he wanted to treat for a nice dinner. His words were "Someplace you've talked about going, but didn't want to pay for"!
I did a google search of high end restaurants in Charlotte, and kept coming back to Ruth's Chris!
So, Saturday, I'm gonna see how the professionals do it! Then, back to my kettle like everyone else!
I'll try to get pics, but no promises!

Sounds awesome. Hope you have a great meal. I've never been there but hope to some day. Congrats on the 20 years. Not an easy accomplishment these days.

CDN pricing but:

I can't see paying over $100 for lunch for two. AND you get to pay for each separate side? would you like a potato? Tha'ts extra. Enjoy your treat--and I sincerely mean that.

Enjoy! I've eaten there a couple times, and my cousin worked at one & I got all kinds of treats he'd bring home when I'd visit (steak sandwiches?)

Know what you're going to get yet? Here's an idea :)

I've eaten at Ruth's Chris several times over the years....Atlanta, San Francisco, Maui...a lot of money but always a great meal. Steak sizzling in butter on a plate...it doesn't get any better. Making my mouth water just thinking about it.

I saw a video on her story & their technique but I can't find what I'm looking for (not unusual :) )

Here's a little history, I'll keep looking for their technique.

Looks like an 1800 F broiler: https://youtu.be/yScY3dFodQ8

Congrats on your anniversary! That's fantastic. Enjoy the meal. Ruth's is always a treat. Like Chris said, steak sizzling in butter on a (500degree) plate. Usually treat ourselves about once a year. My go-to is the filet with the blue cheese crust.

One thing many people don't know about is their bar specials. Sunday-Thursday (at least around here), you can get burgers and sandwiches for $9. Not super cheap, but they come with fries (or another side, IIRC), and are quite good. Prime burgers, steak sandwiches and chicken are some of the options.

Last edited:
Been there a couple of times when we lived in California. Really pricy but very good food.
Congrats on your 20 years.

Ate at the one in Louisville in around 2002 - it was EXCELLENT
-Steak cooked to Per-Fec-Shen (MY idea of Medium-Rare and theirs was the same...)!
-I ate at the bar (it was just me on a biz trip - it was the only meal that I expensed for 2-days)
-Had it with Potatos Au Poirve (hope I spelled that right) and Onion Rings / washed down with a good Scotch
-Restaurant there was on top floor of a Frank Lloyd Wright designed building with a nice roof-top deck / great view
-Service was also all-around excellent. They struck that perfect balance between checking-up on my vs. becoming a PIA

Meal was around a C-Note - but as a treat / experience, I think that it was WORTH it. (Hey, you gotta' "live it up" once in a while...)
Similar experience with an AWESOME (and I do not over-use that term) dry-aged strip at Gallagher's in Vegas (NY-NY)

Ate at the one in Louisville in around 2002 - it was EXCELLENT
-Steak cooked to Per-Fec-Shen (MY idea of Medium-Rare and theirs was the same...)!
-I ate at the bar (it was just me on a biz trip - it was the only meal that I expensed for 2-days)
-Had it with Potatos Au Poirve (hope I spelled that right) and Onion Rings / washed down with a good Scotch
-Restaurant there was on top floor of a Frank Lloyd Wright designed building with a nice roof-top deck / great view
-Service was also all-around excellent. They struck that perfect balance between checking-up on my vs. becoming a PIA

Meal was around a C-Note - but as a treat / experience, I think that it was WORTH it. (Hey, you gotta' "live it up" once in a while...)
Similar experience with an AWESOME (and I do not over-use that term) dry-aged strip at Gallagher's in Vegas (NY-NY)

Small world. I live nearby and used to work at the Terrace Restaurant which was atop Kaden Tower before Ruth's Chris. I've eaten at that one a few times, and the one in Nashville. Always had a good meal.

Last edited:
Bummer. My boss called me today, sounding horrible! He has the flu, so my anniversary dinner at Ruth’s Chris is gonna be at least a week or two! :( Hope he gets to feeling better!

For some odd reason I kept reading you were having your anniversary in "EXILE" :eek: ...but when I got to Ruth's Chris the steakhouse hit me up side the head. DOH! Enjoy!
He may want to downplay the lunch when he tells Pammi about it or he may be exiled to the doghouse!;)

[QUOTE ]He may want to downplay the lunch when he tells Pammi about it or he may be exiled to the doghouse! [/QUOTE]
Pammi thought it was hilarious! :eek:

Back