Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got to stop my day dreaming

Have you checked for frostbite?
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Not trying to rub it in for all my friends in northern winter...It's just that we work so hard putting up with a six-month-long summer that it sure is nice to have cool weather. In the 50s today. I cleaned three grills; one to give to a friend and two to get ready to list for sale. Still had enough time to grill some chicken:

This will probably be my last "free" Saturday as my second job is income tax preparation. Tax season is looming.
    Genesis 330-SE Genesis Silver C Q3200 Q1200 Performer 1 green kettle. Projects: Genesis Skyline 4000 one redhead and one maroon Genesis 1000 Summit 650.

I did a batch of Chicken Breasts on my Q100 last night. Temps below zero. It isn't that it keeps us from grilling up here, it just makes it less enjoyable. But, I agree, 50 degrees would be awesome grilling weather.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Cold or hot, it’s still worth it to grill out!
    Genesis 330-SE Genesis Silver C Q3200 Q1200 Performer 1 green kettle. Projects: Genesis Skyline 4000 one redhead and one maroon Genesis 1000 Summit 650.

I have been using my cast iron Lodge grill pans. I have 3 of them. Long 2burner 2 sided, square "breakfast griddle" and square grill pan for single burner. I think I will be grilling out today. We're having a heat wave. It's 23 deg YES! Shorts and flip flops! At the temps we were having I was afraid to even twist the valves for fear they'd break off in the -15 (actual temps) we were having

I actually do have an IP camera pointed at my patio where are housed my smokers and grills, lol. We have an unfinished walkout basement. There's a 10'X12' slab outside and 9' above it is a deck that we access from our upper level. I hung tarps--attached to the deck posts--which shield that slab from wind and precipitation and that is where I do my smokes and grills. When I finish a smoke I clean the unit(s) and store them in the basement. I added that camera because I already have several of them to monitor other areas on the property, so the added cost was negligible. It adds peace of mind to make sure nothing catastrophic happens if I go next door to the In-laws but it is an indoor camera shooting through a window. I believe I'm making a short story long but once I achieve the desired quality of smoke there is often not enough contrast to see it via the camera from the exhaust vent. So if you add a camera, you might need an outdoor unit to better monitor smoke. But, while I am not an expert, I was taught that meat does not benefit from smoke beyond a certain internal temp and I am not aware that I have ever exhausted smoke from a few wood chunks beyond that point. Mainly, I use this camera to monitor that no intended fire occurs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12