Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weber 6 Burner (potential purchase)

Yah, It didn't take me long to realize there is always another grill around the corner. Patience is the key in looking for a good deal on a Weber grill and there are a lot of used ones out there. In about 3 or 4 months, the snow will be gone up north here and people will start to want to get back out side and do some "grilling". The look at the old crudded up weber with the starter that doesn't work any more and maybe has trashed cooking grates and say, "screw it, just get rid of this and let's get a new one". Then, they offer them up on CL for $50 or free curb pickup.

$50-$100 and a few hours of work and you have a nice clean fully functional Weber grill that will go another ten years with regular cleanings.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Yah, It didn't take me long to realize there is always another grill around the corner. Patience is the key in looking for a good deal on a Weber grill and there are a lot of used ones out there. In about 3 or 4 months, the snow will be gone up north here and people will start to want to get back out side and do some "grilling". The look at the old crudded up weber with the starter that doesn't work any more and maybe has trashed cooking grates and say, "screw it, just get rid of this and let's get a new one". Then, they offer them up on CL for $50 or free curb pickup.

$50-$100 and a few hours of work and you have a nice clean fully functional Weber grill that will go another ten years with regular cleanings.
    Definitely! I think the HARD part is when three or four very interesting good deals come up all at once! I have got to stop and catch up with what I have, but the fever is easy to catch and hard to keep in check!

Patience and realizing that the missed "great deal" won't be the last one!
    Genesis 330-SE Genesis Silver C Q3200 Q1200 Performer 1 green kettle. Projects: Genesis Skyline 4000 one redhead and one maroon Genesis 1000 Summit 650.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12