Dry Rub Ribs 'PAPPY's' ??

M Menendez

TVWBB Fan
Guys I have been using the Best Ribs In The Universe recipe for ever I really need a new dry rub. If anyone here has had the Ribs in St. Louis from Pappy's this is what I am after that type of rub taste. Or does anyone have a good dry rub that would be on the sweet side?

HELP!

Ate their last weekend- wow are they doing some business. Had to wait about 45 minutes behind about 75 people.

The rub they are using is very light- salt, pepper, maybe a hint of brown sugar, and paprika. They applied hardly a dusting to what I had.

The best thing to do is experiment. Start with BRITU as a base and change it up to your liking.

I like sweet rubs too.

there is also some green stuff(oregano?)in the rub, also something citrusy--really tasty stuff. May have an opportunity to be in their neighborhood next week to eat what have been the best commercial ribs I've ever eaten!
Their sweet potato fries are good too

Pappy's co-owner Mike Emerson states:
"there's nothing in the secret rub that can't be found in the average cook's spice rack"
Link here.
Another statement from the article:
"More important than the spice combination is the quality of the ribs. "We use baby back ribs," Emerson says. "Spare ribs look like they have more meat, but they don't."
Finally, someone that agrees with my opinion that bb's have more meat than spares!

Still haven't made it there yet, but plan to soon.

Thanks for the link to Mike's interview I knew there was a lot of brown sugar on those babies and there has to be some garlic powder or garlic salt but what ever those black specs are in the rub is the secret as best as I can tell. Hey I really really like my ribs but Pappy's are by far the BEST! If you have not been there you MUST go and get the ribs they are outstanding every time.

It's no clone, but a very simple way to get a rib kind of like Pappy's is to mix Tony Chachere's creole seasoning with brown sugar. Makes a mighty fine rib with very little effort. It at least reminds me of Pappy's.

Back