Speaking of Red

Bill D-NC

TVWBB Pro
I ran across this on Amazon today . . . .

Crimson-Kettle.jpg

The Copper & Green were both $399.00 w/free shipping.

BD

With all the hullabalo about the Red Kettle this past year, I just was not aware that a Red (Crimson) Performer was available in the US market. It's certainly not on the Weber website but I did find it several other places.

BD

Here is a link to the BBQ Guys website. They have the Crimson Kettle at a very fair $149:

https://www.bbqguys.com/weber/original-kettle-premium-22-inch-charcoal-grill-crimson

I would love to see one in person. I think it is a sharp color, even if it is more maroon then red. It doesn't appear to have the issues many are noting with the new Ltd Edition Red Kettle, and I personally think it would make a way better choice.

The BBQ guys also have a couple Crimson Performers left at $399, but it looks like you have to also pay $100 shipping. Then again it says Free Shipping (to Florida, at least) for over $249:confused: Well, anyway, here is the link:

https://www.bbqguys.com/weber/perfo...arcoal-grill-with-touch-n-go-ignition-crimson

Jon

I think what you are seeing for sale are the last leftovers from a couple years ago. Chris said the Crimson color was a special they made for certain premium retailers at that time.

I definitely think in either format it is well worth a serious look if you are in the market for a Weber kettle/Performer in something uncommon and a little unique - but also very tasteful.

Ace Hardware sells the Crimson regularly for $399.99. I have one myself. I got a little extra deal on it. I was looking to get a Crate & Barrel Blue but couldn't refuse the deal on the Ace Hardware Crimson.

Ace Hardware sells the Crimson regularly for $399.99. I have one myself. I got a little extra deal on it. I was looking to get a Crate & Barrel Blue but couldn't refuse the deal on the Ace Hardware Crimson.

Our local Ace stores are small and don’t have that kind of selection. Maybe you could post a picture of yours?

Back