One touch platinum table repair help needed

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
I knew better but did it anyway, lifted the grill by the end of the table while 20lbs of meat was on it. The table is old and more brittle so this was enough to put a small crack on one side of the table. Not a big crack but I can feel it give when I lift up on it to roll the grill, something I need to do often so I must figure out a repair and reinforce the plastic table.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I pulled the table off to make the repair easier so just looking for ideas. Thx

By the way, grill is 15 years old so out of warranty and assume little to no chance they would send a new one for free, right? Never considered they would but I see several here have had theirs covered but don't know in or out of warranty.

Last edited:
I had a split happen on mine and took a ss U bolt and backed it up underneath with a piece of wood. The U bolt was large enough to allow me to put a patio umbrella at the end too, it worked out quite well until I wanted something a bit more elegant and made the double barreled table in my avatar.
My split was dead center so it was not as miserable as it could have been, you could fiberglass over the damage topside and underneath probably.

Back