Baby it's cold outside.

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The song seems appropriate. Been in the single digits for most of the week. High of 3 deg and a low of - 12 on Monday.
Coldest New-years on record for this century ( or so I hear )
You all try to stay warm and bundle up!
Gawd I love/ hate working outdoors.:(

Tim

Mid 20's here (early mornings) for most of this week. Heck, that's like a spring day to you guys I'm sure. Pretty cold for our area however.

Last edited:
I love visiting Mammoth Mountain Ca. to go snowboarding, but I live in a warmer climate 6 hours away.

Tomorrow will be a blustery 70° here...;)

Try to stay warm and have a Happy New Years folks.

Lol Bob.....it's 68°..............inside our house.

It was 44° the other morning, and my year round tomato plants didn't like it.:rolleyes:

Y'all need to send some of that stuff our way! We're still shrugging off summer temps here in so Cal - it was over 80 today. No smugness here. We're still waiting for our first rain. Tired of the heat. Tired of the dry air, chapped lips & itchy dry skin.

I just looked at the current weather for Drummond Wisconsin. (I have It saved as that's where my dad and I used to go deer hunting.) current temp is -17 with a windchill of -35!!!!! Dang that's cold!!!
Tim

Damn global warming.

We are going to have a hard freeze down here in Texas this week too. Time to decorate the Queen palm trees with C9 Christmas lights so they don't freeze.

Going down to -30oC (-22o F) Sunday night. That's 22 o BELOW ZERO folks. Without taking any wind into account.

No block heaters but I have a trickle charger so two of 3 cars get full batteries (wife's car and my summer beast who is currently hibernating; my daily runner is literally, "out in the cold" as the charger only does 2 cars :(

Last edited:
The song seems appropriate. Been in the single digits for most of the week. High of 3 deg and a low of - 12 on Monday.
You all try to stay warm and bundle up!
Gawd I love/ hate working outdoors.:(

Tim

Don't you know it? I used the snow blower yesterday afternoon and again last night. Used a shovel this morning. On-line weather has us at minus temps all day.

Yep, it's that time of the year when you Cali folks get all smug.
Well guess what, it's 68 here.................inside our house. :)
Stay cool Jeff! :cool:

Don't forget about us smug Arizonians, up here in the mountains it's been in the high 60s low 70s all week. Gets a little chilly at night mid 30s:p;)

High of 11 tomorrow, -3 at night, NYD high of 8, low of -3.
Just like for the last several years, these old folks ain't goin' nowhere.
Grilling baby backs NYD to go with my black-eyed peas.

It seems like the last 4-5 yrs December has been the coldest month. Back in the day January, February where always the coldest, and March came in like a lion and went out as a lamb.
I went out for the basics today. Beef, beans, bread and beer. I got a nice strip-loin roast for the new year.

Tim

I have both. I drive/work downtown Chicago, right off Navy Pier.:)

Tim

I remember growing up in the burbs of Chicago and my uncle loved to take me down for a walk on Navy pier in mid January. Man that gave a new meaning to the word "cold" with the wind blowing off the lake. But he was from Denmark and the cold never phased him at all.

Happy New Year! The sun is shining through the windows and heating up the place, but it's also -17 F on the other side of those windows. Depending which weather service you use, the windchill is supposed to be around -25 to -40F.

Currently 57* in LoCal. We're gonna be blistered with a projected high of 72* today. Don't how much more of this I can take.

Currently 57* in LoCal. We're gonna be blistered with a projected high of 72* today. Don't how much more of this I can take.
There's that Cali smugness I was talkin' 'bout. :p
Residual heat from all the wildfires no doubt.

4 years ago on NYD I grilled breakfast and dined outside, not so this year, currently up to 3F.

Back