Weber Q2000

AlfonzoW

TVWBB Member
Honestly not sure if it's a 200/220 or 2000/2200 but I picked it up a little over a week ago and use it almost everyday. Just curious if anyone fit a whole chicken in one. I'm fairly certain I could fit one spatchcock just wondering about whole uncut.

dDmVmZC.jpg

No whole uncut will not fit (unless you like lid prints on the top). Unless VERY small anemic chicken :) small game hens (cornish) will fit though whole and uncut. Though I can tell you the Q1XX, and Q2XX are not well suited to doing whole birds like that. Though spatchcock works quite well

Looks like a Q220 to me, great small gasser that I have in our rv. It will cook a lot better if you reverse the handle—-

Did you remove side tables? It just looks like it's too squat and tall (height to width ratio) looks off

Looks like a 200 that has had a thermometer added to it. Nice grates and overall decent condition. I really enjoy cooking on my Q so much that I used some Christmas $ to buy a 3200 someone was unloading cheap on OfferUp. The 200 will still be my take it anywhere grill. I love cooking on it, but I agree that it isn't suited to a whole uncut chicken. The 300/3200 is taller and larger, so it probably could do at least a moderate sized one. On the other hand, you miss out on the portability. Spatchcock, as Larry recommends, is the way to go! Enjoy cooking.

If you are missing the fold-out side tables, you might keep your eyes peeled for a donor grill with other issues that you can use to salvage these and other replacement parts.

I agree the thermometer is aftermarket. I also think it is a Q200. It has significantly more ridges on the grate than my Q100. I guess the previous owner took the side tables off. That is too bad, because that is most likely where Weber put the Model number and Serial number sticker was on the bottom of one of the side tables. But, they might have put it on the back of the rear legs as well. If you can find that, you can look up the serial number to find out the model and date of manufacture.

It is a great all around grill. If it was one of the later Q2xxx series grills, the lid would have been higher and might have given you the room you need to do a whole chicken. But, on yours, a Spatchcock chicken will work fine and is considered by a lot of grillers to be a superior way of cooking fowl any way.

Definitely a nice grill to cook on, even with the side tables missing. Looks like the teenage assembly clerk at Home Depot put this handle on:D!

I have a feeling the previous owner probably had the grill apart for cleaning and put the handle back on upside down. He also is the one who likely added the thermometer. I added a very similar thermometer to my Q100....but the handle is on straight. :)

Lol I put the handle on wrong not paying attention. It's easy to change because the slip fit on one side is pretty loose. Been cooking on it quite a bit

Back