Weber kettle mountain

AlfonzoW

TVWBB Member
I have done 2 cooks on it so and it's performing well. Did a brisket yesterday and got 13hrs out of a full load with a little left in the tank.

78mKuFq.jpg

hVt9iJz.jpg

3Cs9Mjn.jpg

IcPsVgE.jpg

Wow, I would have never thought of that. As easy as it is to find the basic kettles on craiglist it wouldn't be too expensive.

Yep. It's mainly a mod for those with kettles who want a wsm. Way cheaper than the stacker kits. Only better option is to cut an 55 gallon drum which is what I wanted to do but didn't have anywhere to burn it out since I live in a apartment right now.

Ok got it, I bet people in your apartment building will be showing up this weekend for some more tasty smoked food.

Found a drum that was only used once for coconut oil and no liner so I purchased it and made another stacker lol. The kettle worked great but for some reason I wanted a drum for my center section. Just need to add some handles. Plus I have enough to make another one and recoupe the cash plus some.*

wYZEseh.jpg

I have done 2 cooks on it so and it's performing well. Did a brisket yesterday and got 13hrs out of a full load with a little left in the tank

hVt9iJz.jpg
Very cool Alfonzo. Would love to see a picture looking down into (inside) the grill stacked on top the the first grill.

That is very cool Alfonzo. As someone else mentioned you can pick up used kettles all day everyday for nothing, and the dual chamber kettle would make for an amazing smoker (imho) I see that you cut down the legs and basically maintain the original height of one kettle. How is it, pretty stable?

Wheels are turnin' here :)

I won't say it's as stable as it was with regular length legs but I haven't had a problem. The last few cooks I've done it's been pretty windy so I move it depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Alfonzo, I like your kettle stack! If I may make a suggestion......you should strongly consider swapping out the stock legs for something beefier. When I first joined this board 16 years ago, I didn't have a WSM, and I made my own WSM-XL by using two rotisserie rings stacked on one another for a middle section. It worked pretty well, but one of the legs failed catastrophically (while I was cooking on it at a competition with old timers Rick Jones and Henry Joe Peterson) dumping hot coals and cooking meat all over. The stock legs just aren't designed to support the weight you have on there.

Pretty cool set up with the drum addition, and you have TONS of space! Nice work!

Rich

Thanks for the heads up 👍. It "seems" sturdy enough. I have thought about doing something like this.

CxEC12h.jpg

hbXo8jG.jpg

I think it was Cajun bandit who made this leg kit a few years back for the kettle.

Back