Genesis 300 Heat Deflectors by Dave "rcplanebuyer"

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hi Everyone,

I mentioned in a different thread that I had contacted Dave - aka rcplanebuyer - about making heat deflectors to replace the porcelain-plated steel ones that came with the Weber Genesis 300 series (2011-2016) grills. Most of you know that Dave makes the VERY BEST flavorizer bars and also stainless rod grates for a number of Weber models. He uses heavy-guage, high-grade stainless, and his replacements are far superior to the OEM Weber parts as well as many of the imitators out there. His 13 bar flavorizers for the classic Genesis are legendary.

I provided Dave with a sample of the heat deflectors from the above mentioned Genesis, and he is now able to offer his own custom-made SS replacements for sale. One set of two will go for $35 with FREE shipping! If you have ever restored (or owned) one of these Genesis 300 grills:blackgenesis:, then you know what happens to the plated steel ones:mad:. Here's a chance to upgrade from a very reliable source who is a true friend to Weber restorers.

If you would like Dave's email, you can private message me. If you contact him directly, he doesn't have to go through eBay and can then give you this great price. Thanks Bruce for letting me know and providing it to me!

I have already ordered two sets of these heat deflectors from Dave, and when they arrive I will add to this thread a couple pictures of his new product.

Jon

Very Nice. I don't think factory weber SS heat sheilds are any cheaper.

I am still trying to save up for his SS cooking grates for my Genesis 1000. And yes, I have his flavorizer bars and love them.

I've had his flavorizer bars in my 1999 genesis 1000 for about eight years and they still look like new. If I didn't have cast iron grates in it, which I love I would definitely get his stainless grates.
I did order some SS grates for a summit that I shipped to Australia to a forum member and the things were a work of art and just massive.

I have rcplanebuyer flavorizers and stainless grates in my genesis 1000. Definitely the best flavorizers and grates that money can buy. I've talked to him a bit via email and he seems like a heck of a nice guy.

Larry,
Very sorry about that. I have replied.

I wish there was something that alerted you when you receive a private message. Maybe there is a way and I just don’t know about it.

Jon

Jon, you should be able to set it to notify via email when you get a new PM.

Jon, you should be able to set it to notify via email when you get a new PM.

Go to "Settings" at the top right of the web page and click on it.
Then go down the left side of the page under "My Settings/My Account" and click on "General Settings"
Then you should see this:

rN6GoLA.jpg

The heat deflectors Dave makes are beautiful!

Hi Everyone,

I mentioned in a different thread that I had contacted Dave - aka rcplanebuyer - about making heat deflectors to replace the porcelain-plated steel ones that came with the Weber Genesis 300 series (2011-2016) grills. Most of you know that Dave makes the VERY BEST flavorizer bars and also stainless rod grates for a number of Weber models. He uses heavy-guage, high-grade stainless, and his replacements are far superior to the OEM Weber parts as well as many of the imitators out there. His 13 bar flavorizers for the classic Genesis are legendary.

I provided Dave with a sample of the heat deflectors from the above mentioned Genesis, and he is now able to offer his own custom-made SS replacements for sale. One set of two will go for $35 with FREE shipping! If you have ever restored (or owned) one of these Genesis 300 grills:blackgenesis:, then you know what happens to the plated steel ones:mad:. Here's a chance to upgrade from a very reliable source who is a true friend to Weber restorers.

Hi Jon - thanks to your work with Dave, I was able to get serial number 2 of the new Genesis 300 heat deflectors. They are very well made and look and fit perfectly! Dave is great to work with and shipped everything (grates, flavorizer bars, heat deflectors) quickly at a very fair price for the quality of materials and workmanship. Highly recommended!

Rich,
What a great Christmas present! I was restoring a Genesis S-310 to give to my friend for Christmas when the mail carrier delivered mine yesterday! Man are they WAY BETTER than the tinny stainless ones I got on Amazon. I am really glad he has started offering these. Dave definitely is the best and a true friend of restorers. Here's a pic of his in the grill I was working on:

16231aq.jpg

Stay tuned for my Christmas Story with a Weber flair. I will be starting a new thread later today.

Jon

Rich,
What a great Christmas present! I was restoring a Genesis S-310 to give to my friend for Christmas when the mail carrier delivered mine yesterday! Man are they WAY BETTER than the tinny stainless ones I got on Amazon. I am really glad he has started offering these. Dave definitely is the best and a true friend of restorers. Here's a pic of his in the grill I was working on:

16231aq.jpg

Stay tuned for my Christmas Story with a Weber flair. I will be starting a new thread later today.

Jon

Those heat deflectors look gorgeous! (Who'd ever say that about grill parts. . .) Dave is truly a craftsman.

They just need some "seasoning" now. I assume that will be part of the "new thread later today".

Back