Seeking Redemption...Mancunian living in The Old Smoke aka London

Shanks

Originally from Manchester (UK) but now residing in London. Coming from a family that needed no excuse to get the Q out, the folks were 'Grilling' (Direct) as far back as I can remember.

Then I grew a few and was enchanted by the hypnotic hellfire and as soon as I was tall enough to peer over that steaming, hot, gilt edged Q and mother wasn't looking. I was all over the coals, playing with fire, turning, slathering, salivating, my indoctrination initiation had begun.

It soon got out of hand...come rain, hail or snow the fire called out....BBQ, braai, barbacoa, direct, indirect, convection, radiant, induction, maillard, briqs, lump, woods, hard, soft, fruity (hey I don't discriminate😉), smoke, rings, crutch, stall, reverse, minion, snake, 2 zone, 3-2-1, kettle, kamado, offset, asados, foukou, tandoor, mangal, barks, beer cans, marbling, marinades, rub, wet, dry, injections, cures, brine..... and breathe.

Mam and Pop's got worried, like a man possessed, but no one understood here in good old Blightly. I may as well have been talking a foreign language (Barbenglish??).

Ps: Jokes aside, similar to a few. I've been a super long time lurker and even longer weberitis sufferer (Kettle Envy is....Dangerous).

Back