Fresh Caught Sheepshead and Fish Cakes

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
Made a fishing trip and tore up the Sheepshead. Did a few of them on the half shell and ate a few filets that night and saved the rest for the next night for fish cakes.

FKGxJGs.jpg

S4X8lIq.jpg

VZJYxjC.jpg

L7rmwR8.jpg

OK Andy, I'll profess my ignorance, I had to Google Sheepshead on the half shell to know what you were talking about. Never learned that method of cooking fish. Bet you had a great time hauling in that catch. Fish cakes look delicious too.

Last edited:
Those Sheepsheads look good! I have never tried them on the Half shell like Red fish, but I may have to do that next time. Where were those caught?

Ryan

Those Sheepsheads look good! I have never tried them on the Half shell like Red fish, but I may have to do that next time. Where were those caught?

Ryan

Hopedale area. I think they are actually a little better than redfish. Cajun Crab as the meat is really sweet like crab meat. I seasoned the ones for the crab cakes with pinches of crab boil.

Andy

You won't many fish lovers on this forum, but thats a dam nice catch and cook, I love Sheepsheads tacos.

Like Cliff... I had to google "Sheepshead on the half shell". Looks good to me & oh, so many.
The fish cakes look great, too. I'm sure both were splendid eating.

Nothing beats a great day of fishing with a great meal to follow. Would have loved to have been there. The cakes must have been outstanding.

Back